Our Super Week...
I know this post is a week late, but I had a few pictures to share about what we did this past week.
Last Weekend, Our ward usually has a Father-Son Camping trip every spring. We felt this was the first year that Ben would be old enough to go so we unfortunately told him about it a week before, which got him so excited and asking about it everyday! Every morning, the first thing he would ask me was "Is it Friday yet?" I would reply with whatever the day of the week was and we would count down the days. He was so excited about going that he even slept in his sleeping bag on his bed for the week.
So of course, Friday came, and it rained cats and dogs and the trip was cancelled. He was so upset, that we told him we would have our own camping trip in our living room. He accepted this in exchange for the real-deal. We had ambitions to set up the tent in our living room to have our own camping experience, but we forgot to air the tent out which made my allergies perk up. So, no tent.
We then blew up the air mattress, got in our PJ's and watched A Bee Movie together and then "tried" to camp out in our living room.
As you can imagine, by 11pm, we realized that the kids were too excited that sleeping just wasn't on their priority list. Sadly, we had to send everyone to their own beds, which really made the kids upset.
Then a few days ago, I had a "brilliant" idea, and decided to switch up my kids room and put them together and make the other room the toy room. Since I've been battling whether to have Ben and Bella share a room and get bunk-beds, or keep them separate and have Bella and the baby share a room, and buy Ben a normal Twin bed.
So being as pregnant as I am, and starting to nest a little, I took on the challenge all by myself (to which I've been paying for since then with pain in my tummy) I rearranged the rooms by putting all the toys in Bella's room, and taking apart the crib and reassembling it in Ben's room. As you can also see, I was crazy enough to drag Bella's dresser from one room to the other.
So it's been a few days, and of course the kids like the change, but now they want to play at night. I've never had issues with Bed time (rarely I should say) because they know the rules and stay in bed and go to sleep. So I've given myself a whole new set of things to consider of sleeping arrangements as I realize Ben and Bella are much better off sleeping separate and that I will most likely get Ben a single Bed and move him into the other room.
But with all my physical restrictions, you better believe I am going to wait until John can help me rearrange rooms again. Until then, we are finding other ways to get the kids to sleep. Mostly, one ends up on my bed to fall asleep and then I put them back together.
4 comments:
Good for you for camping in the living room! If it had rained here, I am sure Theo would have freaked out - although I don't think Joshua got any more sleep than you guys did. I love the "musical rooms" - the joys of crazy hormones! I will never understand why kids resist sleeping - can you remember a time when you didn't want to sleep?
Melissa, we have had to put kids to bed seperatly because of that very thing. We would put one in our bed and move them when they were asleep.
Or now, I put one to bed earlier and they are asleep by the time the 2nd one shows up.
poor Ben. not only did he not get his camping trip but he had to go to bed anyway.
Indoor camping is my favorite way to camp! Looks like you had fun. The room looks good - but STOP MOVING FURNITURE! :)
Post a Comment