My Top Ten
I am so ready to have this baby...but I still have 8 weeks to go. I swear my stomach got even bigger overnight, and I am starting to get really uncomfortable. I think I will call this post my Top Ten reasons I love and hate being pregnant:
#10:
Things I Love:
Getting all the oohs and ahhs when people find out your expecting
Things I Won't Miss:
Having people ask me if I'm done yet....and no, I don't think I am done expanding my family.
#9:
Things I Love:
Taking naps during the day to relax
Things I Won't Miss:
Falling asleep almost anywhere, including the floor, anytime the kids are settled down and/or quiet.
#8:
Things I Love:
Having my Hair and Nails grow extra strong and fast.
Things I Won't Miss:
Having to spend more money on hair cuts and highlights to keep up with it.
#7:
Things I Love:
Being able to eat a little more than I used to
Things I Won't Miss:
The after-meal and evening heartburn. Where would I be without my daily dosage of TUMS?
#6:
Things I Love:
Getting more massages and feet rubes from my husband
Things I Won't Miss:
Having to have more messages and feet rubs due to increased back pain and swelling
#5:
Things I Love:
Being able to use that "I'm pregnant" every time I have a hormonal moment
Things I Won't Miss:
Having someone else tell me I'm over-reacting because I'm "hormonal and pregnant"!
#4:
Things I Love:
Getting the kids excited about a new baby and explaining things to them
Things I Won't Miss:
Having the kids start asking more questions than I'm ready to answer.
#3:
Things I Love:
Feeling the miracle of a tiny baby move around inside of you.
Things I Won't Miss:
Feeling like your housing a soccer player every time they kick your stomach and ribs.
#2:
Things I Love:
Looking forward to a new addition to the family
Things I Won't Miss:
Doing everything you can to forget how painful it is going to be to get that new addition out.
#1:
Things I Love:
Holding a new little sweet baby in my arms and feeling that it was all worth it!
Things I Won't Miss:
There is nothing that I won't miss about this one!
6 comments:
It seems there are pluses and minuses to everything. still looking forward to the day. How much longer do you have anyway?
What a great list! Will you look back on it and laugh in 6 months? Good luck on the next 8 weeks!
Re: having to explain more than you're ready to... Carrie has been relentless lately with the where do babies come from (tons of pregnant women in the ward). I even gave her a pretty detailed explanation of mommies having eggs and daddies having seeds and they come together and grow from a tiny egg to a baby. Now she wants to know how daddies get the seeds into mommies... I'm just not ready for that!!! She's only four!!
Good luck in the upcoming months, of course it will all be worth it!
That is funny and so true. In response to Cherise's comment, I would just say, I will tell you when you are older. I got that all the time. It drove me crazy but it might work. :)
What a great list! I think anyone who has been pregnant can relate to everything you said, it even made me tear up a bit.
Number 3 was particularly poignant to me. I appreciate the feeling.
Post a Comment