Monday, January 28, 2008

The Passing of a Prophet


For those of my faith, they are familiar with the passing of our Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley last night. It doesn't come as a complete surprise seeing that he was 97 years old, and practically said goodbye several times in the past few years as he knew his life would come to a close.

While I am most sad at his passing because he has been the prophet of my lifetime, I am most happy that he has returned to His Father in Heaven and to his sweet wife who passed a few years before him. He was a great example to all of us of how we should live our lives to the fullest and where we can find true and everlasting happiness...which only comes through the pure gospel of Jesus Christ that was restored in our latter days. It is a Gospel untouched by man's interpretation and authorized only by Jesus himself. I believe that God again is speaking to the world through Prophets, just like in Old and New testament times. And when you here this man speaks, you feel that it is not his words you hear, but those from above. I can feel and see the pure love our Prophet had for us and the world through his eyes and smile.

I will truly miss him and the sweet spirit he brought with him. It's almost like loosing a grandfather you cherished. I only hope I can continue to follow his counsel that he gave us. To each day, "stand a little taller and be a little better than before."

I found this neat video on Lds.org that I thought I would add for fun since so many people I know these days want to learn more about the church, or at least want to know the basics or truths of any "myths" they have heard. It's a great video.

Mormon Myths Vs Reality Video:

1 comment:

TOVAR said...

I loved that video. It is so interesting to see how things have changed and yet remained the same in the church media. I hope you don't mind if you see it up on my site soon.