Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Out of the mouth of Babes...

So my camera battery is dead and of course, I have no idea where my charger is...so we are picture less right now.

Since Bella has been talking a lot more, and putting real sentences together, it's so fun to listen to her try to carry on conversations etc. Lately, Bella has been waking up every night at 3 am for no reason, and it's become quite the headache for me. So last night when she woke up, I told her that everyone was sleeping and to go back to sleep. She said," I want Daddy." I said, "daddy is sleeping." She thought, and then said, "I want Ben" and I responded, "Ben is sleeping too." Then she thought again, and said, "I want Jesus." I smiled and told her He was sleeping too. With that she said, "oh, okay," and she laid back down.

Also today, for some reason, Ben and I started talking about Heaven. Ben said he wanted to go there on vacation and I tried to explain to him where it was and that it was really far away. His answer was, "Is it a long, long drive farther than Texas?"

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

At least he is understands the concept of really far away! I wish I always remembered to write down the things my kids say...

TOVAR said...

Good rationalization on Bella's part. Even better that she decided to go to sleep again.

The Bells said...

how cute! Sorry to hear Bella keeps waking up on you. She is just getting you ready for when the baby comes. I have to say those long nights are the hardest part about being a mom. I am so tired and Aaron seems to sense when I am about to lie down that he knows it is time to wake up. Then he continues to wake up a few more times through the night. Last night was wonderful he didn't wake up til 7 am. YEA!!!! that is a first in sleeping through the whole night.

Cindy & Billy said...

that is just adorable. I love hearing all the cute moments that I miss out on because you moved so far away.

Kay said...

I loved reading the little things that go on in your life. Thanks for sharing. It brings back memories of when my children were little.

Kim / Belly Button and Co. said...

hey sooo happy 6 year anniversary late... and happy birthday to your little bella... she is soooo cute! she looks like her mommy i think... hey when are you due? i didn't know that you were prego? or did i? anyways... good luck with the pregnancy and all.. i can't beleive you are going to have 3!!!!!! okay... byeeee!