Happy Birthday to My Bella
My little girl turned 2 on Sunday. It's hard to believe how much she has grown, but she is no baby anymore. She talks and counts and sings songs really well. Most of the time I can understand what she wants or is talking about. We have the sweetest conversations sometimes. It's fun to hear her try to answer my silly questions, and most of the time when I ask her "why", she simple says, "because..." and then continues gibbering. If I say, "Really?" and says nonchalantly, "yeah....because...".
Anyway, even though her Birthday was on Sunday, we decided we might have more fun celebrating on Saturday. So the night before, John and I (okay, mostly John) spent 3 hours putting together a little kitchen set I bought for her. Then the next morning, after we had a delicious breakfast of Bacon and eggs, John surprised Bella with her new kitchen in her room.
I was only able to get about 2-3 pictures before my camera battery died (of course) and then I come to realize, I haven't a clue where my charger is. So, I have no other pictures of her special day except the kids playing with the kitchen.
After singing Happy Birthday to her a few times, she told us she wanted to be a Princess. So we put on her Princess dress and she really was a princess all day.
Afterwards, we spent a relaxing day at home and then went out to dinner for her birthday, followed by Cake and ice cream at home. I had a bunch of presents for Bella to give her that evening, but sometime during the day, the kids found the presents and started opening them. We discovered them about halfway through, and since Bella was determined to open them all, we let her continue.
It's a good thing she is still young and has no expectations for her birthday yet because today was very low-key and non-traditional. Oh, well, there will be many birthdays to come.
Happy Birthday Bella!!!
4 comments:
Looks like you've been up to lots of fun times with your family! I can't believe how many grandkids your parents have now!!! You look gorgeous and hope 2008 gets even better for you! love ya
SO I have been meaning to say hi since I got your comment months and months ago, but never got around to it and I was too lazy to find your blog address but then I found it. What cute kids you have and sounds like you are loving being a mom. Good to see you and thanks for your sweet comment forever ago. Sorry:)
Katie H
Happy Birthday Bella! Sounds like she had a lot of fun being a princess and a cook with her new kitchen. It was so much fun to see you guys over Christmas break! Too bad we all live so far away from each other. :(
What a little fairy princess. I can't even believe how big she is. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment