Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I guess I'm not needed anymore...

So I was checking my email while the kids were playing in my room. Soon, I realized that it got really quiet and the kids had made their way down to the kitchen. I finished my emails and headed downstairs to see what the two little rascals were up to and this is what I found.



Why is this so strange that they are eating a bowl of cereal? Because I didn't provide it for them. Ben told me he got the bowls, spoons, and cereal out and then poured the milk (without any spills anywhere...amazing since he's never tried this before) and that Bella sat contently in her chair waiting for him to serve her also.




I knew they both had mentioned they were a little hungry even though we just had a snack 30 minutes before. But I guess Ben took it upon himself to take care of the problem since mommy wasn't going to give in until lunch time. I feel so unneeded right now, since they are learning to do things on their own. Before I know it, they will be leaving the nest and starting families of their own. *sniff, sniff*

4 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

Melissa, it really is a great time when they can start doing things for themselves. It eases the load for you.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking how nice when eventually you don't have to get every cup of juice or snack for them! Sometimes, that's all I hear all day long- I want this or I want that. Thanks for your comments on my blog, we are doing pretty well. Greg is away off and on, it's a little crazy. His commitment with the military doesn't end until next year, so we have a year until we will start looking into where we want to go. It's hard to find a good time to travel! We would love to make it up there sometime in the spring maybe? We'll see.

kristine said...

The way I see it, it is totally awesome, because that is already my world. Mya is independent. You are a doll to miss the little things but it can only be a blessing when this baby comes! Hooray for cereal!

Kay said...

Cute! Everything is so simple in the eyes of a child.