Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Late 6th Anniversary

When I'm pregnant, things are just so different. There will be things I used to care a lot about that right now, don't matter so much to me. And weird things that I used to never care about suddenly are SO important to me.

One of the things that oddly seems to have just passed us by was our 6th wedding anniversary. It was on Dec. 29th, but that was the day we spent in our car, driving 23 hours to get home from Texas...not much of an anniversary.

John and I decided with all the things going on, that we would just post-pone our celebration to the following weekend. But the following weekend came, and we found our whole family to be sick and very tired. So we post-poned again to the following weekend.

To make a long story short, (we decided to take turns of who was in charge of planning the day) and it was my turn this year. I suddenly decided we didn't have to do a big hurray, mostly because I lost the vision this year to really plan anything now that we are so far removed from the date. And since neither of us have really made a stink about it....can I just let it slide this year? Am I so horrible?

I still want to let my hubby know that I love him so much and that I am proud of him in all the things he has set out to accomplish. He truly amazes me with his determination and work ethic. I have so much to learn from him. Here's to the next 60 years of our lives together and I know it can only get better from here. (John, that doesn't mean you can skimp out on your turn next year though, unless your pregnant too.) I love you!

Heres to 6 year of good memories!
Engagement Photo:


Wedding Day:




Our 1 year anniversary:


Graduation from BYU-Idaho:


Pregnant with Benjamin in San Francisco:


Graduation from Dental School:


Joined the Navy and moved to D.C. for residency:


Cruise to Mexico

Fun Vacations to Hawaii






6 very happy years!

6 comments:

Johnny and Becca said...

I love your picture Melissa! Sorry you guys got sick, though!

DC Diva said...

Happy 6 Years! Congrats to a super cute couple!!

Kimberly said...

Happy 6th! Of course driving on your anniversary could have been cool,, you got to spend the entire day together, talking nothing to distract you--except for the screaming throwing up kids in the back seat. Alright maybe 23 hours was a little stressful. I changed my mind-not a good day to celebrate.

The Petrini Post said...

Your right kim, John and I actually had a great drive home and we were able to talk about a lot of things, like our future, our past together and things we love about each other...okay, I won't get all mushy on you, but the drive was nice (except for Ben throwing up at 4am).

Mandy Eames said...

Melissa, I loved all the pics! Happy 6 years to you love birds! The kids are getting so big, I wish we could have a playdate with everyone tomorrow and see how everyone has grown! My how things have changed. I love keeping in touch this way, it is so easy. I'm glad you guys are doing well all the way out there! Happy New Year!
Mandy

Bethany said...

Ahh, cute pictures. Happy Anniversary. Sometimes it just has to roll that way. At least you can make up for it in the next 60 celebrations.