Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm still here...

I know I have been horrible this week in keeping my blog updated. No baby yet in case your wondering, but we've defiantly tried to persuade this little gal out. This past week, John had the week off, so we were super busy getting the house ready and cleaned, buying new furniture to accommodate our growing family and of course, spending lots of time with the kids at the pool and such.

Since John went back to work today and will not be off again until Thursday, I'm trying to take it easy and hope and pray the baby does not come in the next 3 days...of course, as I should have learned from my other previous pregnancies, your body will do whatever it wants, when it wants and all those wives tales are just that...tall tales! Let's just say we tried just about everything this past week, short of caster oil (I wasn't' that desperate). I think that possibly that whatever people have "tried" (i.e. walking, running, spicy foods, raspberry tea, other physical stimulation etc.) that it was just pure coincidence and so they see it as a cause-and-effect and not just good timing. THEY DON"T WORK!

Okay, on to the update of our week with some pictures to satisfy those of you who don't even care to read all my ramblings:

Ben helping John with all the odd jobs around the house, including adding an attic ladder and flooring in the attic for more available storage use.


Summer Fun:
Ben started swim lessons last week and has really enjoyed it.

Although it has been a little cold when you get out of the water, it' hasn't stopped him from asking if we can go to the pool every single day.

Bella is my little fish. She just loves the pool too.


Site-Seeing:
On Wednesday, we took the kids up to Baltimore to the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum. I didn't realize that it was the first place ever to have trains and tracks that traveled in the United States.







We even got to ride a mile and a half of the first ever rail tracks in the US...pretty cool!





We also spent a lot of time and money buying new things from Craigslist.org:
Here is Ben's new Big boy bed and furniture (more pieces not shown)and Bella finally was moved from the crib to the toddler bed. unfortunately, they were so excited about the new bed situation, they have yet to fall sleep in their new beds. We keep having to split them up and then transfer them back to their beds once they are asleep.

The plan was to separate them and have Bella and the Baby share a room, but once we bought this bedroom set, with the limited space we have, it just wasn't an option. Only one more year, and hopefully our next place will have a little more space.

Pulling things out of storage:
After pulling out all the baby stuff from storage, the kids put it to immediate use and testing. When I let them watch TV in my room, these are their preferred seats. I don't think they will like it when the baby actually comes and needs to use these items.



And of course, the best part of the whole week: Just spending some downtime with Daddy.


Sorry about the long post, but I promise to be better...unless I'm in the hospital finally having this baby that I feel like I've been caring for ages. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It looks like the kids had a fun time with their Dad all week. Those are special times for them. Good luck having this baby. If you are like me, she won't come until they make her come. For your sake I hope she comes on time. Love ya.

Kimberly said...

The bedroom furniture looks great! I am glad to hear that you had such a great week and good luck in the coming weeks, we will be waiting to hear the news and the name you pick out.

Johnny and Becca said...

Melissa it sounds wonderful to hear that. Bella is growing up so fast and Ben is also growing up ... where did the time go