Potty Time!
I've had people telling me for at least a year now that I should have had Bella potty trained by now. I guess all these people think their kids are special cause they were potty trained at 18 months old. However, I doubt that any of them can honestly tell me their kids didn't regress or have problems along the way. When Ben finally decided he was ready, he was ready and that was that! I don't think Bella has been mentally ready. I know she's been interested to a point and was showing many signs of readiness; but the main factor people don't understand or think about is if I'M ready to do it.
It takes a lot of time and commitment and I just haven't been ready. I still at times don't think I am, however, it would be nice to only have to change one set of diapers when the new baby comes.
So I've been very relaxed about the whole thing, and whenever Bella would say she needed to go potty, I would help her. For the past 3 months, the only thing she ever did on the potty was pass gas, and then she would say she was done.
But these past few days, she has surprised me by actually going number 1. I guess my reaction was enough for her, and since then she was been going consistently with a few accidents. I give her lots of praise and tell her what a good girl she is and I clap to make her feel good.
What's even more funny, is if she hears me going to the restroom, she comes running around the corner and says, "Mommy, did you go pee pee? Good girl!" and then she starts clapping for me. As you can probably guess, my kids never give me any privacy, and I just can't remember the last time I didn't have an audience when I used the restroom.
Anyway, I just need to keep it up with Bella and really say goodbye to the diapers. I'll keep you posted when she is officially diaper free....but don't hold your breath while you wait for my news...I"m sure there are more interesting blogs to read in the meanwhile. :)
5 comments:
I just noticed you have 19 days left :)!! I am so jealous. I'm sure Bella will potty train just great the way you are helping her. Have you decided on a name yet?
I haven't even attempted to start with my 2 1/2 yr. old. Just like everyone says wait until they are ready. That is exactly what I am doing. You are getting so close to your due date, how exciting! I missed seeing you at the reunion.
I hope Bella keeps up the good progress. It will make it so much easier on you after you have the baby, not to mention the savings on diapers.
tell bella i'm proud of her. I think it has been wise to wait until she was ready and willing to make the effort.
I love the no privacy on the potty life! I am not looking forward to pott training, but good job!
Post a Comment