Sabbath Breakers...
Story #1:
This really just made me laugh when my husband told me what Ben did today. Being that it is Sunday, we try to "keep it holy" by not doing things we normally would do on the other 6 days i.e. shopping, swimming, sports, other activities that take our minds off the importance of this day etc.
So it's been really hard when you live right next to the community pool and playground, and you have to explain to your 4 year old why we don't swim on Sundays, even though it's super hot and very enticing.
So today, Ben asked again if we could go swimming, and we told him not today because it's the commandment to keep the day holy etc etc. John decided to take the kids outside with their pop sickles, while I laid on the couch to rest for a minute. A few minutes later, John comes in and tells me that Ben ran up to the fence to the pool and preceeded to tell some adult women that they were breaking the commandments by swimming on Sunday and that they needed to repent. My husband got the fence in time to hear one of the ladies lie to Ben telling him it was Monday and it was okay. Ben turns to John (who is already embarrassed by the situation) and asks if it is Sunday, and of course John tells him it is and escorts him away.
It just makes me giggle to think about how that situation played out, and what these women must be thinking to have a child point out to them that they are sabbath breakers. I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and actions, however, I will not excuse that these women lied to my son, despite what you believe, that is not okay.
Anyway, it's good to know that he is listening and has a better understanding of obedience than some people. :)
Story #2:
We had Ben downstairs watching a video while John, Bella and myself were playing upstairs. We heard the phone ring, and I saw that the Caller ID said it was some Marketing Firm. So I ignored it, as I really hate to be bothered on Sunday. However, we heard Ben pick up the phone and so we picked up the phone to see what the telemarketer would do when they talk to a 4 year old. We listened as Ben talked to them and told them about the movie he was watching, and then asked their name and asked why they were calling. Then we heard him say "I love you, I have to go now, bye!" We hung up the phone and just laughed and laughed as this guy on the line tried to get Ben to get his mommy or daddy. I have told him several times to not pick up the phone, but this time, I will let it slide. :)
7 comments:
ROFLOL. That is hillarious. I really do wonder what the ladys must have been thinking. I can't belived that they outright lied to Ben though that just isn't ok I agree. so now we can add baring false witness to thier crims. lol
That Ben is a spitfire! Can he answer all my phone calls from now on? :-)
That is so funny! I really feel for the that tellamarketer. I hate it when little kids answer the phone.
You feel for the telemarketers Kim? Whatever...it's their fault for calling on Sunday and bugging us. I think I will have to call and bug you a litlte more to get you to sympathize with me. :)
I'm on your side Melissa. I recently answered a telemarketer call and handed the phone to Zach. Zach is pretty good on the phone unless you ask him a yes or no question, then he just nods his head. It was quite hilarious. He also did the I love you, good bye. Gotta love it.
As for the pool incident, I can't believe that woman lied to your son. The very least she could have done is agreed that she was breaking the sabbath and laughed it off. Now you know your son is paying attention to you.
Arent kids funny, I remember Kenz went up to a couple of ladies at the city pool and told them they really needed to get some clothes on, because the "bra and panty" swimsuits they were wearing was making Heavenly Father cry. They were more stunned than anything, that a 5/6 yr old would say this to them. I had to quickly teach her about free agency lol..
As for telemarketers, they called here once asking for Mr Brown *my old last name* so I handed the phone to Jake who was 4,, he too hung up with the "I love you bye bye!"
Gotta love the innocence of children!
I tried to vote on a name but it wouldn't let me. I voted for Emma Rose.
Post a Comment