Friday, June 13, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Preschool and Hello to Summer

This past Tuesday was Ben's last day of preschool. However, he will still have to attend preschool again next year because he misses the cut-off date by 3 days. For awhile, I lamented over it, but I finally have come to the realization that it will be good for him, and he will be one of the older kids in the class who will be super ready.

They allowed the parents to attend the last part of their preschool, and so it was fun to watch the kids sit in Circle time and sing some of their favorite songs for the last time. Bella wanted in on the action and was really good. She even knew most of the songs they sang and the teacher told me she thought Bells was ready for Preschool. However, she has to wait until January when she turns three to go, so 6 months and we will have her in the same class that Ben was in.


It was easier to get Bella's attention for all the smiles.


Circle Time:

Saying Goodbye to their teacher:


Then on Wednesday, they held a Preschool Picnic for all the kids in the program. The teachers had made them special gifts and the kids had a great time. I wasn't so great at taking all the pictures I wanted. At least there is still next year.

Ben with his best friend Alex from school, along with Ms. Liz.



On Thursday, the boys wanted to celebrate the start of their summer. So we headed over to Alex's house for some Slip N' Slide fun.




Surprisingly, Bella really loved the slide and was the last person on it when the other kids lost interest.


Ben and Alex aka "Partners in Crime" at school. These boys just love each other!

Bella and her friend Danielle.

A big thanks to my friend Susanne for letting us come over and getting her lawn all muddy from the slip n' slide. It was too fun.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I had water playgroup in my backyard, and now I have two muddy patches from the slip n' slides. Summer is fun!

Cindy & Billy said...

I remeber the Slip n' Slides. they were really fun. The bigger the hill the better the ride.

That is exciting that the teacher though bella was ready for preschool. I bet it will aslo help bella to be really excited when she gets to go.