Thursday, September 20, 2007

A picnic can just make your day....

So yesterday was a pretty boring day. I went and slaved away at the gym in the morning. I came home to a house over-flowing with toys on the floor (thanks to Ben dumping all the toys boxes out), and took a boring shower to feel like a person again. Ben wanted to watch his Thomas movies for the billionth time, while I made lunch, but I was just feeling like we needed to do something a little different. Nothing too out-of-the-way different, but instead of eating lunch at our boring table and me yelling at the kids to come back to take one more bite, we could make it special.

So I decided we would go outside and have a picnic in our own yard. Ben's eyes got wide with excitement at the idea and was running through the house yelling for his shoes and socks. So with food and blanket in hand, we set off on our picnic and I must say, it really made the day not so ordinary anymore.

The kids didn't really want to pose for me, so instead they were pretending to be sleeping, but I could never catch them both with their eyes closed. Oh well.

This is Bella saying "cheese" for the camera while eating sting cheese...ironic.


When we came in from our fabulous picnic and playing at the park, I found the kittens taking a nap. I thought it was too cute to pass up. Apparently, I'm disrupting their nap.

4 comments:

Seriously... said...

hahaha...i love the picture of the kitties. so funny. picnic sounds like a good idea. I'm trying to figure out what to do today with the kids, maybe we'll try that :)

Claudia said...

You win the awesome creative mom award! How fun to have a picnic in the yard! And my dining with a toddler experience tells me that it would be much easier to clean up than the usual pile of food that is thrown on the floor at my house...

The Fox Family said...

Hey Melissa, it's Cara Fox. Thanks for your cute comment! I actually saw your cute blog from Tanna's the other day. What a darling family you have! It's fun to see what you are up to!

JBClawson said...

Man, I wish that I was as creative as you! Thanks for the inspiration to have a picnic with the kids. I should try this out with Parker!