Still alive
OLD POST THAT WAS DELETED OR DRAFTED:
Man, I almost forgot about this blog. We did make it back safe and sound from our trip to the U.S. although it did take us another 7 days to get home with some extra unvoluntary stays in hawaii and Guam, but we made it ( must to my relief).
It took us about 2 weeks to get settled back into routines and then the kids started school. I have some pictures of all the kids first days of school. Though it is always sad to see them grow and become more independent, at the same time, I love seeing their growth of knowledge of the world and hearing about their daily adventures.
Ben started 2nd grade and for some reason, 2nd grade is what I remember the most about growing up and it makes me realize how old he is getting. He turns 8 in a few weeks and will soon be baptised.
Bella started Kindergarten and was excited to finally ride the bus with Ben to the "big kids school." She loves her teacher and after a week, I can see that she is already growing and stretching.
We also ate lunch with the kids on their first day to let them know we care and that we were excited for them. They both loved having us there to tell us about their mornings, new friends and new teachers.
Amelia, who hates to be left out of anything, was happy to know that she would be going to Preschool now that she is 3, and does not hesitate to run into our classroom and not even say goodbye to me. I'm glad to know she loves it and is so happy when I pick her up.
Although Amelia is only in school 3 days of the week, I am doing my best to give her all the attention and "me" time I ca by painting and reading with her. I even started her in a gymnastics class, which she also loves and is so independent.
Ben and Bella also take gymnastics and love it and it's been fun to watch them from afar as they learn new skills and develope self confidence in their abilities.
Our little Baby bump has been officially confirmed to be the baby BROTHER that Ben has been asking for, for several years now. We are excited for his entrance into our family in late december, but still haven't been able to come up with a name. Since all three kids have Italian names so far (Beniamino Giovanni, Isabella and Amelia) we kind of have to find an italian name that we like. We can't go with just any regular name now like Joe or David. So for now, he is just "baby brother".
I have many photos we took from our vacation, so I will have to find time to sit and upload them all about our adventurious trip to the states last month. It was great to see everyone, but we won't be leaving the island until they kick us off next year when we move back to california and depart from the navy. The Navy has been very good to us, but we feel it's time we got out and went out on our own. The next year in preparation for that is going to be tough, but we are looking forward to making plans for our growing family.
TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment