Busy, Not Neglectful...
OLD POST THAT WAS DELETED OR DRAFTED:
Since we launch of The Friend Tree Autism Center and my efforts to raise money to build it, things have been busy, but good. I feel there is a genuine need in our community for this center and at times, when I get a real scope of the problems other families face, i often wonder what more I could do to help.
I feel this project has opened my eyes in many ways to the real needs, concerns, stresses and lives that are deeply yearning for help. While our family continues to struggle to help our son, I do feel even more grateful for how much Ben CAN do and how much help and support we DO have.
This past weekend, we held our first real fundraiser. It was a LOT of work and at one point, I did feel like I was going to throw-up and pass out because I was running from one issue to the next, trying to put it all together and make it a successful event that would hopefully allow us to break-even on the costs associated with running such a large event.
Sadly, things did not all go as planned, and some things, I had to let go midway and just do what I could. I could not have expected that I was going to get everything right and do it perfectly on my first try. But most importantly, I could see lots of room for growth and improvement next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment