Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Zip, Yogurt and Fish!

I don't think John and I have ever been able to have so much time together and opportunities to do fun things until we got here. They have awesome programs here where they offer babysitting once a month for an entire day for FREE. It's called Parent's Day Out.

So this past weekend, John and I went with some friends to the Forrest Adventure Park, where they had about a dozen zip lines and obstacle courses way up high. It was fantastic and I can't gush enough how much fun we are having here! (This is a sale's tactic to get you people out here to visit...hint, hint)
We are all geared up and ready to go!

Our friends Melissa and Rob who had the great idea of this activity...thanks guys!



It was so cool to zip over the jungle beneath us!

I can't wait to do this again...besides, I need to work on my landings a little better. :)

Then last night, we went out with some friends that have finished their commitment on the island and are leaving this weekend. They took us to their favorite Sushi tray restaurant. It was awesome....you sit down like you do at a diner, and there is a conveyor belt that circles the room with different types of sushi or seaweed wrap dishes. You just pick a dish off the conveyor belt that you want to eat, and pay by how many plates you choose. I'm into it now...although I still haven't tried anything super fishy yet. :P

Melanie and Joveen that are leaving...good luck to you guys!

Melissa and Rob excited about their first sushi experience

Then, we headed over to American Village, and it was PACKED with Japanese. We found out later it was because some very famous Japanese pop-star group was there signing auto-graphs and had a concert earlier. We saw them from a distance, but the security wouldn't let us take pictures.

At American Village, there is a new place that opened up a few months ago called Yogurt Land. If you love frozen yogurt, this is the place for you!

Here is what you do:

You pick which frozen yogurt you want...mix flavors all you want.


Then you put your own toppings on, and as mush as you like:

Then they base the price upon the weight of what you put in the cup. Ours cost about 2,100 Yen...which was like $22...I need to lay off the toppings.


Then before we headed back home for the evening, we saw this pond in the store with a sign that said "Doctor Fish." You put your feet in, and for 10 minutes and 500 Yen, you let the fish eat the dead skin off your calloust feet. It was very weird at first, but my feet felt so much smoother.


So now with a belly fully of Sushi, Frozen yogurt and two incrediably smooth feet...I think we are finally getting this Okinawan life down.

6 comments:

Seriously... said...

melissa:
1.) the fish thing is weird. seriously so weird. i will be thinking about that for the rest of the evening.
2.) we moved into john's parent's ward. i haven't talked to them yet, but i saw them in sunday school a few weeks ago.
3.) those yogurt places are getting popular out here too (they opened one a few months ago near our house here...) We love it. I have to tell my kids it's ice cream, not yogurt, otherwise they're too suspicious and wont try it. so yummy!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

we've had so much fun hanging out with the petrini's lately! thanks for moving to okinawa!

Amy said...

No way! Fish pedicures? I'm not quite sure what to say about that. :) The zip line looks way fun! How amazing that they do free babysitting. We need to start something like that here!

hwangberg said...

sounds like you guys are really having a tough time over there :)

Sharon said...

How funny that we just went zip-lining this week too for the first time on our trip to Mexico. I'm hooked! I can hardly wait to do it again! I will definitely want to do that when we come to visit! I'll pass on the fish pedicure though!

Cinders said...

What a fun, fun, time!! The fish thing is amazing. The zip line adventure looks really fun.
And 'hi' to Kendra and Dustin our new Ward members here in CA. ;-)