I am going to die!!!!
Okay, not really, but I think I might get my trash kicked pretty good over the next 12 weeks. What in the world am I talking about, you ask?
BOOT CAMP!!!! Okay, it's actually a fitness boot camp, but they mean business! They pretty much get on your back if you even THINK about eating that Ice cream, and if you even smelled that hamburger, you better hope that they only make you do 100 push-ups, and not 200.
Am I totally exaggerating all this....absolutely not!!!
I started a Fitness Boot camp yesterday to finally try to get rid of those last 15 baby pounds around my waist, and maybe 5-10 booty pounds around my...well, you get the idea.
So, it's 5 days a week for 12 weeks, plus, your expected to work out an additional 30 minutes of cardio everyday, plus keep a food journal, plus there is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG list of things NOT to eat that pretty much had EVERYTHING I normally eat on there. I jokingly asked my instructor if I was supposed to starve myself 20 pounds lighter, and he gave me a very serious look, and said, "Don't joke about what you eat when I am reviewing your journal!" YIKES!
Then, on my first day, he announces, that over the weekend, he held a Mandatory Nutrition class and they took a trip to the Commissary (military grocery store) to teach about what to buy and cook. (I hadn't signed up at this point, so I missed it) but he was not happy that some people did not come. As he gently put it, "You wasted my time, and now you are all going to pay because I am going to kill you today!" Oh my goodness, I joined on the wrong day!
We spent the next hour doing push-ups, and only push-ups, and if someone missed a beat, we had to start our 20 reps all over again! Even if you couldn't do a full push-up, you had to try and make it look like you are trying, and if you stop for even a second, we would start over. I almost puked....and I did cry!
Today, we ran for a hour in the hot a humid sun and sweated off at least a couple of pounds in the process....I hope! I'm a little intimidated about tomorrow, and pray that he is in a better mood.
So now your wondering why I am putting myself through this kind of H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks? Because who wants to spend the next 3 years on a beautiful island wishing I could look fabulous, when if I could just get myself stuff together, maybe I just might look fabulous again...or at least not look like I am 4 or 5 months pregnant still...I'll take either one!
7 comments:
good luck! I don't think I could put myself through something like that. I was watching biggest loser last night and your description reminds me of that show. I could probably loose my 15 pounds of baby fat too. :)
Wow! I hope you survive it! Sounds like "intense" would be an understatement. Way to go!
you go girl!! I wish you much luck on the not being workedout to death.
And you paid for this torture? Good luck! You'll one tough buff chick in 12 weeks!
you do NOT look like you're 4/5 months prego. you look great and you're going to look like a supermodel when this is done. maybe i'll get the nerve to join you soon. it's painful just reading your blog about it.
Wow, go you! One of our neighbors is doing this right now (she is 2 weeks into it), and she says it is intense!
hey there, those boot camps are killer....but they totally work if you stick it out!!! My neighbor does them and she looks like a different woman- seriously. And you do NOT look pregnant at all!
Post a Comment