It's Offical...
I was pretty excited when I opened the Okinawa Stripes newspaper this weekend to find my article front page! Yup, it's official...I'm a paid free-lance writer!
The Oki Stripes is a weekly advertising supplement to the main military newspaper Stars And Stripes, and there usually is only 2 or 3 articles among all the advertisements of things going on in Okinawa.
Anyway, they hired me to pretty much write on whatever I find exciting to do here, and pay me for my opinion, and I can write whenever I feel like it. Seeing my article makes me excited to write more. If you want to actually read it, you can go >here<.
The only bummer thing is that they edited my article so much that they cut about half of it out because of space issues. It kind-of looses its flare I put into it....but that's business....so next time, I will try to keep within their "word" limit to make sure they don't try to summarize my thoughts. :)
Also, on that same day, we found that we have another writer on our hands...
He wrote his first sentence by himself! "I see a green block." I've never been prouder!
1 comment:
So excited to hear about your article in the paper!!! You ARE a fun and good writer. What a neat experience.
Post a Comment