Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Funny Sayings...

With all the snow our area has recieved, school has been cancelled for the 3rd day in a row...c'mon people...it's only 1-2 inches. I remember growing up in Utah, and we got 3 FEET of snow, and the school didn't close! It wasn't until at least half the school didn't show up that they sent us home early because it was a waste of the teachers time. Anyway, I think the east coast reacts a little dramatically to snow...although the ice storms we have once in a while are pretty crazy.

Anyway, with having them home, I've been writting down funny things I have heard them say that just makes me giggle:

-I just "love" the power of infomercials. What I really "love" (I'm being sarcastic with that word if you haven't caught on yet)...so what I "love" is how they show infomericals for adults (you know, like excercise equipment, diet pills, cleaning solutions, and other useless stuff) during your kids shows because they know the parents are (or should be) close by. Anyway, there was a mini infomercial for some random blanket that had sleeves so you could wear it and use your arms. Anyway, Ben calls me to the room in urgency, "Mom...mom...come here quick...there is this (he proceeds to tell what it is and how great it is and that I should buy one) and I said "That's neat, but we don't need that" and I started to walk away back to the kitchen. He yells out (repeating what he is hearing) "Mom, Wait...but that's not all! If you buy it now, you get TWO of them!!!!!"

-Ben: "Batman is a good fighter"
Me: "What does he fight?"
Ben: "He fights gravity!"

-Ben: (all dressed in a hero costume) "Mom, I'm a super hero!"
Bella: (all dressed as a princess then chimes in) "I'm a super princess!"

-Ben: "Can we go Wash-into D.C. today?"
Me: "Why do you want to go to Washington D.C?" (giggle)
Ben: "To see my friend Dylan..he lives in a white house, just like Barack Obama...I think he is his dad."

Here is an Update of what we are all doing right now:

Mom: I'm blogging away
(No picture provided) :-P

Ben: Watching some morning cartoons since he has no school today:


Bella: Still sleeping in my bed (She likes to crawl into my bed around 5:30 in the morning lately)


Amelia: Doing some push-ups.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Love the dialogue...so funny!

Cherise said...

Amelia is so cute working out! What a smile! As far as the snow, many other places don't have all the equipment and salt ready to clear the snow like Utah, and usually the people aren't as prepared to drive in lots of snow. I remember growing up in So. Cal, and I didn't go to school when it snowed about a quarter of an inch. School didn't close, but it was such a novelty, that I wanted to stay home and play in it before it melted. Those ice storms of yours make some pretty interesting ice sculptures. This is Mom. I'm on Cherise's computer.