Words of Wisdom....
So I have an awesome friend who sent me an email today based on my last post. I hope she doesn't kill me for sharing her words of wisdom with everyone, but I found it funny....yet true:
"If your job were "executive director of marketing" you would have 12 weeks (by law) of maternity leave. Nice, huh? Here's the problem, since your job is "mom", and it really never ends, and there is no leave of absence, you feel like you need to be right back in the swing of things! You just had a baby, give yourself maternity leave from guilt. If you kids do nothing but watch TV for the next 5 weeks (giving yourself only the 12, some people take 16 weeks), that's still only 25 weekdays of TV. Really, in the grand scheme of their probably 30,000 day life, does this matter at all? I propose that, no, it does not. Let them watch. You nap. Don't feel bad, you're on maternity leave."
Thanks Claudia! However, if my husband starts calling you and making threats because I stopped cooking and cleaning, and using the excuse that I'm on "maternity leave" every time he asks me for something...just tell him you don't speak English and hang up. :) LOL
9 comments:
Thanks for the shout out! Glad it made you smile!
Tell John you'll cook and clean for the next 50+ years, for the next 5 weeks, you're off duty! You will all survive a few meals of frozen pizza and boxed whatever, and the house will still be there to clean in a few weeks. I figure one of three things will happen (because I know John is a great guy, and he is really understanding):
1) You rest, everything gets put on hold, and in a little while you pick up again refreshed and ready.
2) The mess/boring food gets bad enough that John cleans all weekend and makes meals with lots of leftovers to last you through the week.
3) The mess/boring food gets bad enough that John hires someone to help you for a while.
I figure in any of these scenarios, you win, and so does your family because you are not totally stressed out!!!
Amen to Claudia. When I had #2 I gave myself 3 months of "no expectations". If I got around to making dinner, great, if not, great. If I showered that day, great, if not...gross, but who cares. Instead of worrying about the everyday mundane tasks, I laid on the floor and played with my kids who grow up way too quickly. Oh yes, amen to Baby Wise too. And no, we only blessed Joshua once. We knew we wanted to change his name when he was two weeks old, it just took us forever to decide on a new name.
I love it! Thanks for sharing!
I got my back ground from thecutestblogontheblock.com you add it as an html on one of your side bar features. It took me a while to figure it out. It has a lot of cute back grounds. Call me if you have any questions.
That is such great advice!! You really need to live by it and let yourself have some real recovery time!
Melissa just saw your comment on my blog. We actually just used a tripod, we didn't have anyone take them. I would love to view your blog when you go private. You have my email all ready.
love it! I'm totally on Maternity Leave too!!
I am still on maternity leave and he is 5! is that bad? lol
Post a Comment