Thursday, August 21, 2008

Funny Things....

I love to record what my kids say and do..mostly because I have the worst memory (just ask John) and I know that I will easily forget the funny little moments that happen in our house.

Let's Start with Bella's Corner. These are things I've heard lately:

Bella: "Mommy, I got a boo-boo and I died."

When she wants me to carry her: "Mommy, can I carry you?"

Since 'Stupid' is a naughty word in our house, she of course, finds that it's her new favorite word to get attention. If she says it when I'm not around to correct her, she will find me and say, "Mommy, Bella said a naughty word."

This morning, when I went to wake up Bella, this is where I found her. Apparently, in the middle of the night, she tried to find the door, but only found the closet I guess and gave up. Sadly, since we have our fans on at night, I can't hear her if she is crying. (Usually Ben will get up to tell me she is crying and then he will go back to bed). So I can't imagine how confused she must have been to try to find the door. She told me this morning that the door hit her. Poor thing.


Yesterday we went to the playground with our friends, and I thought it was so sweet how Bella was helping her friend get a drink. What a good friend.




And for Ben's Corner:
Yesterday, we were all having a hard day (the kids and I were all pretty grumpy). Anyway, I decided to take the kids to the pool, but before we left out the door, I realized I needed to get my head straight and my heart back in the right place. So I asked the kids if we could say a prayer to calm us down and to be good boys and girls. Needless to say, it worked, and our day went much better.

So this morning, Bella was grumpy (due to the place she slept last night, I'm sure) and Ben said "I know what to do," and he quickly knelt down in the middle of the room and started to say a prayer that Bella would be happy. I think she was as shocked about this kind act of his as I was, and she stopped crying. What a sweetie...all I could do was give him a big hug and kiss for his thoughtfulness.


Every Sunday, when the kids are dressed for church, Ben thinks he is the 'handsome prince' and Bella is the princess in her dress, and he will say to Bella, "May I have this dance?" And then they will dance in the kitchen until it's time to go. One of these days I will catch it on video, but I'm usually scrambling around, trying to get ready and out the door on time. I think it's funny right now that Ben fully believes that someday he will marry Bella. There is no convincing him otherwise. I'm sure that stage will wear off soon. :)


We'll call this The Smile of the Day:

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Cute pictures! Keep them coming! I like your smile for the day! That's so cute of Ben thinking to pray for Bella.

Summer said...

too funny about Bella falling asleep in the closet and that you thought to capture the moment on camera is even better!

Anonymous said...

I love reading the funny things your kids say- it always makes me smile! I should try to remember the ones Addyson is starting to come up with. Your little family is so adorable- thanks for all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry that above comment was from me- I was logged into my shared e-mail with my friend Chelsey...Sorry! BTW, when you go private, my e-mail address is khartman3@gmail.com- keep me on the list!