Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blogging...another thing to fit into my crazy schedule

Man, I miss having all the free time I had before to just sit around and update my blog and read all my favorite blogs of family and friends. Thank goodness for Google Reader that helps me keep on top of who updates their blogs, but I still find it hard to catch more than 10 minutes to try to read them all. Anyway, I apologize for my lack of comments on your blogs lately...I do care and I do read them, but there isn't time yet to comment on them. I will do better, I promise!

Anyway, on to the pictures, (which I'm sure is the real reason you have visited my blog today)...you want to see the baby right!

So Amelia is 1 month old already...holy canolli, where does the time go. Anyway, I've already trained her to pose for the camera...just look at those lips...Work it girl!


See the examples she has:

My two sweet little girls...I'm so lucky!


I've been really good at taking the kids to the pool....4 times this week to be exact! We've had such unusually beautiful and cool weather, that I had no excuses to take my kids out.




Amelia even enjoys hanging out by the pool in her stroller:


It makes me laugh sometimes when babies start to cross their eyes a bit: Perhaps all the camera flashes are to blame..."Mom, all I see are bright stars and flashes."



Hanging out with Daddy: you would not believe how much Bella has John wrapped around her little finger. Every Saturday and Sunday morning, if John and I are cuddling in bed, she will sit on my face and push us apart with her feet, and then will practically take my place and cuddle with Daddy.

If there is something I have said NO to that she has asked for, she will immediately go over to Daddy and in the sweetest voice (and one time she even stroked his cheek) and will ask him for what she wants....she always gets her way!

I told him hands off of this one then. I supervise their "bonding" time to make sure that this one is mommy's girl! :)

This is one of the first smiles she has been giving us this week and I barely caught it on camera. Don't worry about her eye, she has a clogged tear duct...do you call it clogged when it actually is always tearing up and producing "eye boogies?"


Anyway, I will do better at taking pictures and updating my blog more. Happy Reading!

10 comments:

Eric and Angela said...

Hey Melissa,
I can't believe she is already a month old. Where did the time go? Cute pictures! She is so adorable along with your other kids. Thanks for the update. I always like to know what is going on with you guys.

Sharon said...

I can't believe it's already been a month and she will be two months by the time I get to see her again for her baby blessing. That's so cute that she is already smiling.

britentj said...

I know you are super busy, with your gorgeous baby and kids, but, can you tell me about google reader? I didnt know you could subscribe to bloggers...

Cherise said...

I'm not sure if I officially congratulated you, I always read blogs through reader too, and therefore don't always make comments... keep me on your list when you go private. Amelia is beautiful! She looks so much like your other kids too! It looks like your doing great with three kids, I'll be hiding away at home coming up with any excuse not to go out that first month!

Becca said...

You have 3 very cute little kids! I'm sorry that little Amelia has a blocked tear duct. Hopefully it will clear up soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy & Billy said...

she is so cute. I love the picture with ben and bells posing, they just crack me up. Amelia looks a lot like bells. (but then I only got to see pictures of bells too.)

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

She is darling and I am so happy for you! wow how crazy you have 3 kids! what a super great mom you are- things look great for you!
send me an invite to your blog please once you go private! leave me a comment with your email (which i wont post) and I'll reply with my email

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holbrook Girls said...

Hey Melissa,
Such cute pictures. Amelia is sure cute. I love the picture of Bella and Amelia together. Bella looks like such a proud big sister. Do you remember during our first year in dental school Madison had surgery to "unclog" her tear duct? She was about 13 months old at the time. I was so nervous about it, but the surgery only took about a half hour and her eye never teared up again.