Saturday, December 1, 2007

Read this if you dare to know the truth!!!

So I've been tagged a few more times by family and friends to do the latest trend of divulging 7 random facts about myself. Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to write at this point, so this might get interesting. Here we go:

1. I never enjoyed reading books (and I mean "enjoy") until I was coerced into reading the Harry Potter series back in 2001. Since then, I've discovered the world of books and have loved reading ever since. In fact, I'm finally going back and reading the classics that I was "supposed" to read in English Class in high school.

2. I only write in my journal about once a year at this point because I just never remember. In my last three entries, I believe I have either announced the birth of a child or announced we're expecting another one. Who ever reads it someday will think we were popping kids out like every other page.

3. I am a U2 fan. I don't believe I have ever claimed to like a band more that I like them. What can I say, they rock and I finally got to see them in concert back when I was 7 months pregnant with Bella. I tell you, she was dancing in my tummy the whole night, and has never stopped dancing since.

4. Here's a real random one for you: I have to sleep with at least one leg out of the covers, even if it's really cold. I don't know why, but I get really uncomfortable at night with both feet covered. So one leg on top of the covers that gets cold, while the rest of me is covered. I think the average temperature of both legs combined keeps my body at some average temp that keeps me comfortable.

5. Okay, this is getting scary, but I admit that I was 14 when I last played with my barbie dolls. I might have been 12 or 13 when I realized my friends had stopped playing with theirs, but one day when I was 14, I found myself in our toy room, and I had to be a kid for one last time before I was really over it. Sometimes, I miss those days of just loosing yourself in your imagination...although with having kids, I can pretend and have fun with them now, so I guess in a way, you never grow out of those things.

6. I never make lunch for myself because I know that whatever the kids don't eat, I will end up eating. So to help myself from having 2 lunches, I just count on them not being as hungry and leaving at least half of their lunch to me.

7. I have watched the movie "A Princess Bride" at least, and I really mean at least 100 times in my life. No joke, and I still could watch it this minute because it is just the funniest, most entertaining movie with at least 200 lines that you could quote and everyone will know what movie it came from. For example, but not limited to: "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!," or "Have fun storming the castle," "He isn't all dead, he's just Mostly dead...there's a difference, if he was all dead, then you might as well check his pockets for loose change", "Inconceivable!!!", "Hello, my name is Amigo Mantoia, you killed my father, prepare to die", "Maawage is what bwings us togewther todway," and my favorite," As you wish."

Okay, I think I over did it on that last one. Anyway, I know the rules state you have to tag someone else, but I'll cheat and just say if you read this, feel free to post some fun, random facts about yourself. It's kind of refreshing and I feel my burden lighter.....right.

2 comments:

The Bells said...

I am totally the same way about sleeping with one leg in and one out. That is the only way I can sleep. How is the pregnancy going? Do you have any energy? We miss you and we will see you in just a few weeks.

Cindy & Billy said...

Hey I remeber you playing Barbies with up. You kept saying "Don't you Dare tell anyone."

I too sleep with one leg out. i wonder if that is a family thing.

My Bishop works for the Shakspher festival. He has this great idea to do a play of Princess Bride. He's having a hard time convincing others though.