I'm a slacker....so sue me
So this morning sickness thing has defiantly kept me from posting lately. I just plum don't feel good, and I suspect it will continue for several more weeks. But I'm good, and I only have occasional random cravings fro Mexican food that I have made John go and get me some.....defiantly a first for me. With Ben and Bella, all I wanted to eat was Cheerios...3 meals a day. I just didn't have the desire to eat anything else. But not this time, I have all kinds of cravings that usually happen when anyone mentions any kind of food....i suddenly have to have it. Poor John....no really.
Anyway, I just finished my Christmas cards, and this year I thought I would do everything myself. Print the letters, the labels, the stamps and take my own pictures of the kids. Well, everything went according to plan....except taking pictures of the kids. Yeah, I tried, and I must say, I have a new found respect for photographers. My pictures turned out horrible, not to mention that my kids were not so cooperative. So, for those of you whom I had addresses to send a card to, don't expect photos of my "adorable" kids. Plus, I don't feel up to going through all the hassle to get them printed, so here are the pics that I took that will not be in my Christmas letter. They are still cute in my opinion, but not "Christmas card professional," so we will just leave it at that.
Also, this past week, We finally got our first set of snow. Ben, of course that that it was an official sign that it was finally Christmas and was insisting that we open the presents under the tree. It took a while to convince him otherwise. I am a little worried about his persistence sometimes. I'm sure one day, i will come down stairs to find that the temptation was too much for him and he will open all the presents....it has happened before. On Bella's 1st birthday, I could tell Ben really wanted to see what she got, and about 5 minutes before our guests arrived, he dug right into the presents. I had to re wrap at least 3 gifts in under 3 minutes. Luckily, Bella didn't have a clue and was still surprised.
Anyway, back to the snow. I took the kids outside to go sledding on the hill by my house and we made a 1 foot tall snowman. It was pretty cute. I only got one pic of the kids before my battery died, so that's all I have of that fun day.
Other than that, our week has been uneventful and we are just loving all the wonderful Christmas cards from family and friends. My favorite tradition is making a collage of all the cards and pictures on our front door for everyone to see, so keep them coming. Take care and I hope to hear from all of you. Have a Merry Christmas and shop safe.
2 comments:
Cuteness
I hope for your sake that you don't follow my fate. I totally was over morning sickness with Mia and Tiago at the start of 2nd trimester. Here I am at almost 6 months and barely having a few days free from puke feelings. Way to still do fun things with the kids.
Post a Comment