You have to get Creative (Part 2)
So I've been trying to make an extra effort while I've been sick, to not allow the Television to become a frequent babysitter. While I will admit that when Bella goes down for a nap everyday, I let Ben have his "quiet time" watching a movie so I can get a nap in, or some needed quiet time myself checking emails and such. Anyway, today, Ben randomly started talking about going on a treasure hunt, and I suddenly had a burst of energy to make a treasure hunt for him. So I made 4 different maps with clues, and then hid a box filled it with Hersey Kisses (Carmel).
With everything squared away, I sent the kids on their search for the treasure box. If you have about 10 minutes to spare, your welcome to enjoy the treasure hunt search in the video below.
DISCLAIMER: I clean my house every other day. Today is the "other" day.
Ever since, Ben has been carrying around those treasure maps, and keeps telling me how fun that was.
A Night at the Washington D.C. Temple
This past weekend, we went with some friends to see the lights at the Mormon temple in D.C. and also saw a performance by a hand bell group. It was really neat, and Ben just loved all the bells and the way they made music with them.
Afterwards, we walked around to see all the beautiful lights and to watch the live nativity scene they had outside.
Ben in front of a statue of Christ at the visitors center
Don't be fooled, these trees were at least 40 feet high. The lights were spectacular.
8 comments:
Those lights look so beautiful!!! What a fun family outing!
I love the treasure map idea! Russell would love it, I know! I will have to copy you and do something like that to keep my kiddos busy for a little bit!
how fun! Aaron and I had fun watching Ben and Bella look for their treasure. That was very creative and I am glad you taped it so we all could come along on the treasure hunt. :)
I enjoyed the tour of your house. You are a fun parent. When I grow up I hope my kids will have that much fun.
That was so much fun. I loved coming on the tresure hunt with you. i also loved the tour of your house. I may have to use that idea some day.
Wow, the lights are just beautiful there!! I wish they would keep them up through the end of the month so that I might have a chance to see them. Thank you for the pictures, they're beautiful!
Hey Melissa,
I have the almond roca recipe. I can't seem to find your email address. Email me and I will get it to ya.
might help if I give ya my email address.
tamara.wheeler@yahoo.com
Awesome idea with the treasure hunt! I hope that you get over the tired/crappy feeling stage soon - will these children ever appreciate what we go through to bring them into the world?
Post a Comment