What a Bad Day!!!
So John and I left yesterday from Maryland to start our wonderful vacation to Hawaii, and we flew all day from DC to Chicago and then onto Oakland to spend the night before we continued our journey to Hawaii the next day. Well, John and I made our flight in DC by the skin of our teeth and were litterally the last people to get on board as they were shutting the doors....WHEW, that was close. But for some reason, I had a feeling that something might not be totally right about our bagagge situation since we were connecting in Chicago onto another air carrier. SO we preceeded to fly all day, and when we arrived in Oakland, John's bag made it, but mine did not. "No worries," I thought, Our flight to Hawaii doesn't leave until the next morning, and that's plenty of time for it to come on the next flight.....if it ever made it on any of the flights at all!!! So yeah, here it is, 3am in Oakland, and I am sitting by the phone, trying to figure out where in the United States my bags are...litterally. No one knows where it is. Our connnecting flight said my luggage never made it, and no one else claims to know where it is either! Could my vacation start off any better? I have tried to be nice and patient about the whole thing, but at 3am....that's asking a little too much. It's like asking a 2 year old to hold still while you pull their nail beds out...one by one. I'm not acting like a two year old, but I want to scream and cry "why do you people lose so much luggage and not seem to care about the GREAT inconveinence it is to everyone," and then still charge me outragious airfare prices, but you are now charging me extra for that flight snack if I get hungry....on a 5 hour flight. NO movies either, on a five hour flight....and with Southwest, seats are first-come, first-serve, and no one is willing to move seats so a family with small kids can sit together cause they arrived late? I sure hope today is a much better day. I'm going to Hawaii for crying out loud, but I have nothing to wear, no make-up to cover my scarey morning face of exhaustion from jet-lag and no nights-rest and no idea if I will even get my bags before my vacation in over! HELP!!!
2 comments:
That really is miserable. That happened to us once, luckly they got our luggage to us the next day. I hope all turns out good for you. Not a fun way to start out the vacation that is for sure!
-Elisa
Melissa--
It was sooo nice to see you!Thank you for stopping by! I hope you got your luggage!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Kona! I am sure you will have a good time, sorry it started off rough! -K
Post a Comment