Monday, April 30, 2007

A Perfect Day for a Bike Ride

It's rare these days when John can stick around most of a Saturday to play with me and the kids. And now that the weather has been so enjoyable, I convinced him to put off going to work to make dentures for a patient and go on a bike ride with me and the kids.

So we headed 10 minutes west to the Potomac River, and there is a trial that goes along the side of the river for miles and miles. This old road used to be for horse-drawn carriages that would be hooked up to boats to pull them up-river. It's pretty neat and it really gives you an idea of what old America used to look like before our modern-day cities. I wish I had taken a picture of the river off to the right of the road that John is standing on. This place is so amazing and just full of history.

Ben and Bella just love bike rides, especially if I have snacks and juice to keep them occupied and quiet.

No comments: