Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm the Ben...

So Ben and I have been having some "authority" issues lately. He thinks it is suddenly his job to discipline Bella and tell her what to do. I tell him, "Ben, I'm the Mommy, not you." He usually gives me a look and then goes on his way. This has happened a few times when he is trying to hold Bella to the same rules that he has to follow...she is just too little and doesn't understand, and so if she's crying for some reason and Ben tries to tell her to go to time out, I tell him "Ben, I'm the Mommy, not you. I will take care of it."

Well, the other night, Ben was offering our dinner prayer, and when he seemed to be stuck and didn't know what to say, I offered to help him. In the middle of the prayer, he said, "Mommy, I'm the Ben, and not you, and I will do it." I had to hide my face and laugh a little, but I didn't want him to see. I hope I can find a way to defuse this "authority" issue soon before he becomes bossy to Bella. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like it's already too late -he is after all "The Ben." Good luck with that one. Thanks for saying hello on our blog - it was so fun to see your comment come in. I'll be checking back here often to see what you guys are up to out there on the East Coast! Hope you stop by again soon!