Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My First...


So another wonderufl thing happened the day after I shared the gospel with my neighbor....I gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon...this is a first for me. The most amazing thing about it is how the actual book came to be in my hands. You see, many years ago, a friend of mine was serving a Spanish-speaking mission in Texas, and while he was working in the church office, he sent me a spanish Book of Mormon for fun. I never really knew what to do with it since I don't speak Spanish, but I have held onto it all these years.

After my gospel discussion with my friend, (who is orginally from Columbia, and speaks spanish), John reminded me that night that I had a Spanish book of Mormon, and that the B of M says that all nations will recieve the word in their own language. I have never felt so alive right then as I realized the only reason I had that B of M all these years was so I could give it to her.

I carefully marked all the places in the book that I had talked to my friend about, and went over to her house the next day to give it to her. She was definantly surprised that I had it in Spanish, and was so sweet to listen to me as I explained about it and all the bookmarks. I challenged her to at least read the few chapters I highlighted, and if she wanted to, she could read the rest, but no pressure. She was so sweet and even invited me into her house after that. I still almost can't believe what has taken place in the past 48 hours.

It's amazing how everything in our lives has a purpose and that the timing for everything is the Lord's timing, not ours. I almost gave that B of M away to the local missionaries several times so that it could be given to someone who could use it, but I'm so glad I decided to keep it everytime....I am so glad!

1 comment:

Cinders said...

What a beautiful experience. I'm so glad you posted it. Thank you. I'm so grateful to have a daughter-in-law that is so special and strives to know 'who she is' and to bless those around here.
Love,
Mom Petirni