Getting Started

So this is my first blog post, of hopefully more to come. I think this will be fun to really express the daily adventures of being a mom of two adorable kids and the wife of an adorable husband. Lots of fun little things happen in our lives, and as much as I would love to never forget those funny moments...I will, unless I write them down. I tried to write some things in our family journal, but I get writters cramp so easily, that I don't do that often enough. So, we will see how this goes.
I guess I could start with a little update on our family and where we are these days. We have two children, Benjamin (3 1/2yrs) and Bella (14 mo.). We were living in San Francisco the past 3 years until John finished dental school. We then moved to Washington D.C. area while John continues a dental residency in Prosthodontics (impants and dentures and the likes). We have really enjoyed our time out and here and bought our first townhome. Now were really feel like we've grown-up and there is no turing back.
Ben keeps busy with Preschool, a sports developement class at a Little Gym for kids, playing with his plethora of trains and cars, and teasing and laughing with his sister Bella. Bella has recently learned to walk and she is getting a new tooth in all the time...perhaps that is why everything with her is so dramatic. She's my little singer and dancer. She will groove to about anything. I know she is going to take after her mommy...at least I hope so. I try to keep up with the kids and clean up after the kids...in fact that is probably what I should be doing now. And John is doing his Dental thing...I tease him that he lives an alter ego life because I have no idea what he really does all day. Sometimes he brings his reading home with him, and he asks me to read to him cause he is so tired. I can't even pronouce the title of the articles he has to read. Is this English? I guess when all the easy words are taken, you have to come up with your own to describe some dental function of the mouth by putting a bunch of random letters together to make a "word" that no one can pronouce...at least not me anyway.
Anyway, we will just start with this simple blog and see how we do.
3 comments:
I will add you to my list of blog links! Funny thing is I just spent the last hour reading blogs. I would start one too, but we already talked about that. The web sute will just have to do.
Kim
mmmmmmw 5 4 bmmmmjmm m./m.
l
Looks like Matthew wants to blog though.
I think you do a great job with your website and you already do lots of journaling with it.
Fun, Melissa! I'm glad you've joined the bloggers! I'm so excited about this. What a fun way to keep in touch and see what's going on in everyone's lives. I can't believe how tall Benjamin is! Wow!
Love ya
Post a Comment