Miss Bella's First Dance Recital....And mine too. :)
I knew Bella was a natural-born dancer the moment she started kicking to the beat in my stomach at a U2 Concert when I was about 8 months pregnant with her. Ever since then, she has never stopped dancing, and she was my inspiration to start teaching dance classes for kids her age so that she would have that opportunity to start learning in a real dance environment.
After 4 months of classes and practices, I helped put together a Dance Recital for my little dancers and I was just blown away at these little girls who have such a passion so early for the art. Not only has it been rewarding for me to teach them, but to have Bella at my side doing it, has been such a bonding element for us that has deepened our relationship as we share the same love for dancing.
Okay, enough of my emotional blah, and onto the adorable pictures of my dancin' princess in action. (Note: since I was always busy teaching, I have relied on good friends to take pictures for me, and so I would like to thank Rachel and Angie for supplying these precious moments for me. Your the best ladies!)
Dance Rehearsal:
Warming up our little muscles:
All my little students:
Backstage with her little friends:
Practicing Her "Me and My Best Teddy Bear" Dance:
Practicing her "Fly to Your Heart" (Tinkerbell) Routine:

Dance Recital Day:
Recital Theme: Shuffle... "You've Never Experienced a Play list Like This"
Warm up those muscles one more time:
Teddy Bear Routine:
(Since "flash photograghy" wasn't allowed, most of John's photos of the actual recital didn't turn out except a small few.)
Tinkerbell Song Routine:
Time for the Final Number and Company Bows:
Most of my wonderful students:
After the show, all my students and parents were so generous in giving me flowers, cards, hand-made pictures and lots of hugs! What a special group of students I had this season. I can't wait to come back from my vacation and start classes again.
Good job to all my dancers and a special pat on the back to my dear little Bella!!!!
4 comments:
Oh, that is so cute, Melissa! How fun! I wish you were McKenzie's dance teacher. She hasn't really loved it this year. She's excited to do ice-skating again.
I get the same joy from teaching McKenzie how to play the piano. I know what you're talkin' about! :)
What a great accomplishment, Melissa! And Bella looks just too cute for words!
Those teddy bear outfits look so cute--well they all are cute!
When you come to SLC, let me know! It would be fun to catch up! You have such an adventurous life and are such a good mom! We leave for MExico on 2 1/2 weeks so I hope I dont miss you but email me tannbfox@yahoao.com to let me know when you are coming to town!
Post a Comment