IE Island Half Marathon
So John and I had both trained for the Japanese IE Island Half Marathon, but halfway through training,(after I took my break from boot camp) I lost my focus and motivation and before you knew it, it had been weeks since I had ran and now I was involved in paddling...so I officially dropped out, which worked out okay since I was sick all weekend.
So, My dearest John and all our friends were still training and on the hottest day we have had this season so far, they all ran 13.5 miles.
IE Island from the Ferry Boat:
Looking at a map of the island:
Our group of friends who trained (and killed) the marathon route with some impressive times.
Getting ready to run!
He wasn't completely happy with his time, (as he had to take a potty break which didn't help his time), but overall, he said he felt great. 
This is him on the Ferry Boat ride, happy to be done. (And probably a little more happy than usual as the race officials were handing out bottles of what John thought to be water after the race, but after a thirsty swig, he discovered it was Vodka!) Who gives runners alcohol after a race? Only the Japanese I guess.
Good Job John and to all our friends....I promise to join you next time!
1 comment:
Congratulations J.P.!!
Post a Comment