Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today is a BIG Day!

I should be up in my bed right now getting as much rest as I can because it is a big day for me and my little family. While many people travel and visit the world and even move around the world so easily these days, this is defiantly a first for me and the kids.

I think Ben is the only one who kind of gets it. He always asks me, "Mom, are we moving to Japan or Okinawa?"
Me: "Okinawa is in Japan."
Ben: "Are we going to Japan first and then to Okinawa?"
Me: "Okinawa is part of Japan, just like Utah is part of the United States." Ben: "So, Okinawa IS Japan? or Japan is in Okinawa?"

The other day while I was driving, I heard Ben trying to explain to Bella all about our move and stuff. This is how the conversation went:
Bella: "Are we in Maryland or Japan?"
Ben: "We're not in Japan or Maryland. We're not in "our"land, we're in Grandpa and grandma's Land."(aka Utah)
Bella: "Oh, Grandma's land is Japan?"
Ben: "No, Grandma's land is in the united states of America!"

Anyway, we have a pretty long day ahead of us. We fly out to Seattle in the afternoon, then we have a 12 hour layover (SO FUN) and our flight to Okinawa leaves at 2:30in the morning. I believe it's a 16 or 17 hour flight (EVEN MORE FUN) and then when we get there, we have a sponsor and his wife who will be helping us out by being our personal chauffeurs for the week until we can get out drivers' license and buy a car and about a million other little things they will have us do when we check in.

I'm not sure how soon we will have Internet access, I can imagine we will be very busy the first few weeks getting settled in.

One last thank you to all my family and friends who have helped us out this summer or came to play with us. We have all had a fabulous summer seeing you all! Wish us luck!

Sayonara!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Good Luck!!!! I hope your journey goes well, and I'll look forward to hearing about it when you are settled!

Seriously... said...

very exciting! it will be so fun to read about your adventures in Japan. We have friends that live there....they have 2 little blond, curly-haired boys. Her boys were just in a mazda commercial that aired nationally in japan. We might even come over next year for a visit...

Julie said...

Good luck and safe travels to your new "land." I'll check back for updates.

Phil, Susanne, Alexander, Danielle and Buddy said...

Hope you have a safe and happy trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!