Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Unofficially Offical...

So the issue of where we will be stationed in 3 months when John graduates has brought me too many headaches and maybe even an ulcer...okay, maybe not an ulcer, but most defiantly, the questions as to where we were going next has been like a never-ending drama for us. "You'll be sent to Japan, no, 29 palms California?, no, maybe Rhode Island, no, San Diego?, no, maybe Japan again, nope, San Diego, nopeity nope, North Carolina?, defiantly no, Japan? San Diego? Japan? San Diego?...HOLY COW MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND GIVE US THE ORDERS ALREADY!!!!

Well, I was called by John from Work to tell me that it "Unofficially Official" that we are moving to....Drum Roll... SAN DIEGO! They finally filled the Japan slot and we are off the hook, HOWEVER...we will not get the PAPERS (which are super important because THEN FOR SURE you are going where they say you are going) until March 7th!

So, does this mean I can look for housing, schedule our moving date, register the kids for preschool, etc, etc??? Nope! Because with the Navy...you just never know if they might do a bait and switch. Ahhhh, I do love living on the edge and never knowing where I'll be in 3 months...but unofficially, I will be in San Diego!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

When you have papers I will believe. Until then... at least japan is filled.

Lessa said...

Woo Hoo! We were hoping that it would end up being closer to us! Now let's hurry up and make it to March 7th so that it's officially official.

Eric and Angela said...

I hope that is where you go because then you will be a little bit closer. Although you are still a good drive away from us.

Phil, Susanne, Alexander, Danielle and Buddy said...

What great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that plans don't change!

Tamara Wheeler said...

San Diego sounds good. But you know, you could come to Germany and then know someone already. lol

march 7th is an important date for us too. Hannah will be baptized on that date. Not too far away.

Marcie said...

Melissa that is craziness! But at least you will be back on the West Coast! WOOT WOOT!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

San diego would be awesome! thats great... ps your kids are sooo cute, I love those cheeks too and want to munch on them, Fun family!

The Duckworth Family said...

Yay! We might be able to visit you again! Congrats on the recycling as well. Upon moving to ORegon we were kinda forced to do so. If you don't you get chewed out by friends and neighbors who are recycling nazi's. NOt to mention it's the law to have a recycling can and they charge you extra for any soda bottles/cans you purchase jsut so you will recycle them. Needless to say I don't drink enough soda to save the cans to get refunded the six cents, but we do put them in the can. Good job on doing it without being forced!