The Biggest Loser: Gold's Gym!

I just have to vent for a second about Gold's Gym and how much I don't like them right now. They owe me over $100 in fees that they mistakenly withdrew from my account after I had cancelled my membership over a year ago. They said they would reimburse me, but here it is over 1 year later, and I have called and left messages, and even written letters asking what is the hold-up and why are they ignoring the fact that they wrongfully took my money and won't give it back.
A part of me (and also John) says I should forgive them and let it go. And a part of me wants to let it go because retardedly enough, the issue and anger it has brought me has kept me up at night of thinking of all the things I would like to say to the manger (whom I actually became really good friends with when I was a member, but I quit when I got pregnant with Amelia and was too sick to go anymore) but now this person avoids me and is not keeping their word of reimbursement.
I micromanage our budget so closely, that $100 is a lot to me and I can't seem to let go of the fact that someone else will not give back what they have "stolen." Argh!
Okay, so here is where maybe I need either more persuasion of the Christ-like virtue of Forgiveness (Forgive us of our Debts as we forgive our Debtors) or because of such tight-times, do I not let these people think I will go away and stick it to them and fight it until the end?
6 comments:
I would file a complaint with the better business bureau...
yep, I've actually had to file several complaints on bbb.org
it usually works 9 out of 10 times. you need to make sure you keep track of all the times you contact the company, who you talked to, and what the result was, etc.
I would do that.
I understand where you are coming from, wanting to let it go... but thats the thing... Golds is FAMOUS for this and they are BANKING on the fact that you WILL let it go.
File with the Better Business Bureau. DOn't let them get away with it simply because they have taken $100 for lots of other people, and will probably continue to do so.
Hey I don't think you should give up! It's dishonest of them to be taking people's money- especially yours! Maybe you contact them once more, and tell them if it doesn't get resolved you are going to take it to the BBB. I had to file a complaint with them about a year ago, and it was really quite easy, just did it all online through email. And the best part is, it WORKED! That's my advice:)
Melissa do NOT give up! I would totally contact the BBB. I've done it before with great results. And I do not collecting your money from someone who took if from you is being unChristlike, it's not like it was $5.
Gold's did the SAME thing to my sister. It's funny how quick they take your money but how slow they return it....I'm sorry. I hope you are able to work something out.
I've been inspired by how you micromanage your budget...I use to...but I'm gonna start agian after reading your post :) Good luck!!!
Post a Comment