Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Visit to the Dentist...

So today, I took the kids to see the Dentist...and no, not my husband. In fact, he is not allowed to see anyone of us while in the Navy, and even though we get free health care, we do not get Dental care. So, I have a Dentist for a husband, but yet, I have to go to some other guy and Pay for it???? Don't get me started!

Anyway, this was Ben's second visit and Bella's first. Ben was a super star patient and even came away with a Cavity free smile. Way to go buddy!





This is Bella patiently waiting her turn. However, when it came to be her turn, she more or less freaked out! The reason I have no picture of her first visit is because I was sitting in the chair with her to hold her down while she kicked and screamed. At least the Dentist was able to see that her teeth are growing normally and there are no signs of cavities. But she wouldn't sit still long enough to let them clean her teeth. Oh well, we will try again in 6 months. (I hope she doesn't remember this visit by then....cross our fingers.)


When we got home, the kids wanted to show off their pretty smiles.



And then they just wanted me to take silly pictures of them.


5 comments:

Shari said...

Congrats to Ben for NO cavities, that's great. The dentist is definitely a scary place for little kids, not to mention some adults. Hopefully Bella will be able to have a good time on her next visit. The picture with them putting their fingers in their mouths is cute. It reminds me of when I was a little kid.

Claudia said...

Once again, you win the mom award. Congrats on no cavities - you are doing a great job!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

That is weird why you can't see your hubby as a dentist! anyways kids look so cute with their pearly white!

Cindy & Billy said...

They look so big and so cute. I love that last picture of them showing their teeth.

Julie said...

What?? No dental care for the military families? You're right something seems wrong with this. At least having a dentist for a husband keeps you religious about dental hygiene at home. No cavities = low dental bills (right?) :)