Another report from LDSLiving.com on our earthquake experience...
So my article was picked up by LDSliving.com, but they called me and wanted an interview to get a more indepth look at our experience this past weekend. While they had my previous article on hand, they seemed to change a few things, and even when I cleared up that we were never stranded, only a delayed flight, they seemed to use that as a selling point still.....tisk, tisk...journalists.
Anyway, I have to laugh at their effort only because they got so many things wrong, but overall, it was nice that they featured our story on their website.
LDSLiving Article
Now that I can stand back from the situation and see all the real problems people faced that day, I can only look at our experience now with gratefulness that we were in the right place at the right time, and that our prayers were answered that day.
I keep a constant prayer in my heart for those up north who are still struggling and needing blessings and only wish that some kind of good will come out of all of this....that's a big wish!
2 comments:
A friend emailed me your article this morning. She said, "This family reminds me of your and your situation." I just had to laugh and reminisce about our first meeting discovering our names/occupations being the same.
Hey Melissa and John,
I found your article first and was happy to hear that you are alright through all of this! Sorry that day was so rough but we are grateful that you all are okay. We've been praying and worried about you! We love you guys and miss you! It looks like from your blog that you are doing great and that makes us happy! John, you still are the best home teacher we've ever had! Please stay safe and give the kids, especially Ben who I'm sure doesn't remember his old primary teacher, a hug from us!
Take Care,
Kirk, Brittney and kids in Maryland
Post a Comment