Okinawa Zoo and Wonder Museum
Today, our friends, the Stinchfields, invited us to the Okinawa Zoo and Kids discovery Museum. Not only was it perfect weather, but again, hardly any body was there, which always makes it nice for us to go at our own pace and not worry about losing kids in a crowd.
Honey, I shrunk the kid...
Mia was having a fun time...she even says "cheeeeeese" for me now, and after the picture is taken, she says "Yeah!" and claps her hands. SO cute!
I thought this was cool...when the lights are on, you see it is a normal house...
But then it starts to spin fast and a strobe light makes it appear to be bent...pretty trippy!
This was a hit with everyone...those things you can push to show your impressions..only bigger.
This one actually looks scary and slightly disturbing....
After we had lunch, we headed over to the Zoo, and there were even a few animals I've never seen at other zoos that I thought were cool:
Like this Ant Eater that was way bigger than I expected....it was bigger than me.
And this Mandrill? I think that is what it was called....but I thought it was weird, yet colorful...
And this little guy was just taking it easy and I think he was people watching...
Here are a few things I hope to never see:(and yes, these are real signs at the zoo)
These are pretty self explanitory, but it basically tells you to not get to near the cages because the animal will either pee on you...
Or throw poop at you...
And believe it or not, this happened in the 'petting' zoo area:
okay, back to innocent photos of my children's discoveries...
Ben really wanted to take the chicks home...they were pretty cute.
But after a long day of fun, it was time to go and I believe Mia had the right idea.
Thanks again to the Stinchfields for showing us a new place to explore...and I promise we will never leave the house again without Yen...again. You guys are awesome!
3 comments:
i like the tears going down the guy's face as he's being peed on by an animal.
Holy Hannah....every post with pictures makes me think you guys are having the BEST TIME EVER! Everywhere you go looks like SO much fun! Camping-so jealous, that is MY kind of camping!
I laughed at the drawings showing what NOT to do at the zoo.
Looks like you guys are having a great time over on the other side of the world! I'm jealous, over here it's cold and boring as usual :) Love your zoo pictures- they were funny! Keep the posts coming!
Post a Comment