Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Be-lated Halloween...


I realize we are already half-way through November, but I never got around to getting my Halloween pictures up.

Story-Book Parade:
Ben's school came up with a neat idea...a story book parade instead of a Halloween parade...this way those who don't celebrate Halloween aren't left out, and it made the kids think beyond the super hero's and princesses...well, almost.

The point was to dress up as a character from a favorite book they like to read.


Ben was DOT the Fire Dog, and he helped make his costume and seemed very proud of himself. He liked the costume so much, that he decided to not wear the new Bat Man costume I bought him to wear out trick or treating....if I had known that, I could have saved myself $30 on the costume.


Bella came along and looked pretty in her dress...no particular character.


Halloween Fun:
A favorite tradition is to carve out pumpkins. The kids were SO EAGER to carve our pumpkin early in October, that I think they only lasted 4-5 days outside in the humidity before some serious mold began to make them look and smell pretty scary. (no picture provided)

But the kids had a great time painting their little pumpkins and watching John carve out his pumpkin.....

Except Bella, who was VERY upset when some pumpkin juice and seeds splashed on her arm


Someone found their way into my Halloween black make-up.


Trick Or Treating:
As sad as it was that it rained like crazy on Halloween night, I was glad when after we had hit only 10-15 houses, they wanted to go home....which means less candy in the house to tempt me.

CinderBella....

And her Fairy Godmother...

And the whole Petrini Crew wishing you a be-lated Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

where are your awesome vampire costumes? those were great.