Just Doing My Part...

We used to fill up our large Garbage Can, twice a week, to go to a landfill somewhere. I used to be good at recycling in CA when it was the law, but when we moved to Maryland, there was no pressure from the State and on top of that, the recycling physicality here has some weird restrictions of items they do not recycle that are totally recyclable...they are not equipped to handle it I guess.
Anyway, I finally got around to getting my recycling bin, and I am proud to say that I have cut our unusable garbage down by half! My recycling bin is almost over-flowing every week with stuff.
Also, I have switched to Rechargeable batteries, I always reuse my plastic sacks from the grocery store to line my smaller garbage cans, and to go to the extreme of not waisting water, I will make sure my kids wear outfits at least two or three times before I wash them, unless they really need it of course.
I'm just trying to decrease my families carbon foot print in this world.
(If this sounds like I am patting myself on the back, then I probably am.)
1 comment:
Pat yourself on the back all you want - you are doing a great thing! Our city is amazing about recycling - our recycling bin is 90 gallons (just like our garbage bin), and we fill it because they recycle almost everything! Hooray for smaller carbon footprints.
Post a Comment