Who is Reading my Blog?
I know in years past, people would put up for fun, a post about asking people to come out of the wood-work of who was reading their blog, whether a friend, family member or complete stranger.
I never really cared, until I attached Map Loco to my blog and it would show me on a map of where I am getting hits from. I know it's fun to browse blogs once in awhile, so I know random places, like Spain and Australia hits would be rare. But lately, they have changed the map to include how many times that location or person has looked at your blog. Since we have moved to Japan, I have lost my luster to blog (oddly enough)as much about the family, because frankly, I haven't the time and seem to forget what it is I wanted to blog about when I finally get a chance to sit down and update.
But what startles me, that even with my lack of blog posts, I notice there are some people/locations on the map that have so many hits, as if they were checking back every few days for a post.
While I am not at all alarmed at the unusual rate of visitors to my blog daily, I do find it interesting where I get some hits from and I am most certain I do not know anyone in those areas.
So I am inclined to ask who some of my readers are: do you know me personally, friend of a friend or just a curious on-looker.
It does make me hesitate to keep my blog public, as I do post pictures of my family and children, and while I have never felt I have given out information that would lead anyone straight to my house (which would be hard since I live on a military base), it does make me wonder why so many people browse my blog whom I do not know.
I would appreciate some feedback and always enjoy comments made. Since I thought my blog was being neglected, perhaps, I might try harder to post on some of the amazing adventures our family is having out here.
21 comments:
I found your blog and have had fun reading about your family! :)
Whoa! Where's the giant shisa?
Whoa! Where's the giant shisa?
We lived in Oki from 2002-2004. I am always on the hunt for Oki blogs just to see pics of the area, catch up on festivals, or to remember things we did there or places we visited.
Please post!
Also from Anonymous...I am the person from Alabama who may show up on your map.
I am from Canada. I dont remember how i found your blog, but it was just before your family moved to Japan. I enjoy reading about your lives there and seeing all the different things Japan has to offer!
I am Amy. I am your friend. I read your blog here and there, and I think you're great! :)
Well I'm sure you could never forget who I am. LOL. I check out your blog when ever it is updated. Can't believe how fast your kidos are growing up. PS Emma sure does miss your ballet class.
Of course, your mom is a big fan! I really miss how often you used to blog and keeping up with all the family pictures.
I follow your blog. We were in the good ol' 59th ward in college. :) Sorry I am terrible about commenting. But, I do enjoying catching up with your family.
Hopefully, you remember that I know you personally. You convinced me to start a blog. I assume my map hit comes from Texas, but who knows? I read your blog through goggle reader, so I wonder if I map at all...
Always love to read the adventures of your family!
I am one of your many blog stalkers. :) If you didn't live so freakin far away I would probably show up at your front door. :)
Oh course I remember my good friends and family and expect you all to read my blog...lol. :)
oh, by the way Mel K, the large shisa is over by Zanpa point and light-house. I was sure you guys would have foudn that long ago since your husband probably rides his bike out there before...right?
I'm one of the many...but I'm in a city that would not throw up alerts. Lately I get random hits from the middle east on mine. weird.
My name is Amy. I went to high school with you. I'm in Utah (I don't really want to post my last name on the wide internet ;) as it's one that is not common ;) )
I'm a friend of a friend. One of your Oki military wife friends is the ex-wife of my ex-brother-in-law (he married my sister, they got divorced; then he married your friend and they got divorced). Weird, I know! Anyway, she made a comment today that she was grateful for your fellowship at church - and I want you to know that I'm grateful you are being a good friend to her!
good idea, I'm totally stealing it.
I was your husbands roommate in college (Rexburg), I drop by here every now and again just to see what you are all doing!
Wade French
Hi It's Agnes From BYU I-- I read your blog and I Love it...I know what you mean about tracking your blog and wondering who's reading it. I just barley went private cause of that...But I do LOVE your posts :) If you decided to ever go private we would Love an invite. agtimr@yahoo.com
Hi Melissa--This is Sharlene Nesbit from MD--Part of the Joy School group years ago. Kimberly is my daughter. Anyway--I knew you were in Japan and so I found your blog to find out if your family was okay. My family is living in South Dakota right now--so if you see someone from SD checking your blog it is me. If you send me your e-mail address I will send you an invite to my blog. I am not fantastic at keeping it updated...it is a work in progress.
jasonandshar@gmail.com
Your family looks beautiful. Glad you are safe. Good luck with your writing. Sharlene Nesbit
Post a Comment