Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blogger is being retarded

So after months of blog neglect, I find myself home with lots of kids that I'm watching and it's raining outside. So the kids are watching a movie and I thought maybe it was finally time to get my thanksgiving and Christmas pictures up.

Well, blogger is not helping me out now that I finally found the motivation. Even time I download pictures, I try to save it immediately, and then the pictures disappear and my post returns to where I started. It's gets old trying to write and post pictures several times.

So for now, I will give a quick update on what's new and save my November and December posts for another rainy day....literally. :)

Well, our family has finally hit the half-way mark of living in Okinawa and are finally on the down-slope of our tour here. I don't think it's news anymore that we are leaning heavily on leaving the military life and trading it in for a normal civilian life back in the states. We are excited about the prospects of going back home, but at times still struggle with the idea of going on our own and leaving the comfort of military life.

Overall, the military has been very good to us and we have been lucky to go the route we did and not have to worry about deployments and such. I realize how lucky I am when most of my friends have husbands that deploy often and come home for only months at a time.

Anyway, things are much slower at home right now as I am taking a break from teaching dance...not because I wanted to, but because I have no place to teach right now. The Marine Corp doesn't seem to value the dance program and took my space away. So I'm in an uphill to get the program back and running and in a space of it's own. I have a few cards up my sleeve still and some meetings set up to discuss the program, so wish me luck.

The kids are doing well. Ben and Bella started up Violin again and it is pretty cool to see how quickly they are catching on and reading the music. It's inspired me to start practicing piano again and to brush up on my note reading skills.

My latest feat though is getting Amelia potty trained, and after 3-4 days, I think she really is getting it. We will have accidents, but funny enough, it's always in the same spot in my house. It's like she is trying to mark her spot.

Well, without pictures to gush about, I'm at a loss for words at the moment. I will try again later and see if we can't finally get all my pictures up and posted. Ciao!

No comments: