Merry Christmas From the Petrini's
It has been another exciting year for our family as we have spent another year in Okinawa, Japan while John serves in the Navy Dental Corp. Our family has had many exciting adventures on this tiny island and we can hardly believe we have hit the half-way mark and only have a short 18months left before we head back to the states.
We have made so many wonderful friends out here and by staying active and giving service in our church, we have been truly blessed this year through many tough struggles and trials. We have felt our Heavenly Father guide us on our path and we are even more grateful this year as we reflect on the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ because of His divine way that He has paved for all of us.
This year, I wanted to ask the kids to help me write our family Christmas letter, so I sat down with them and had them dictate to me what they wanted you to know about them:
Benjamin: Age 7 years old -
“I’ve been learning fun stuff at school. I’m in 1st grade and I love learned to read and write better. I love PE and recess time so I can play with my friends. When I grow up, I want to be an Archeologist because I want to learn more about Mummies and help dig them up. I’ve been learning to play the violin this year. It’s fun. I loved playing t-ball and soccer this year. I’m grateful for great friends and I’m grateful for the things I have and that its Jesus’ birthday. Merry Christmas! Love, Ben”
Isabella aka Bella: Age 4, almost 5 years old-
“I love to go to school and play with pink, purple and red play dough. I love to read books and I’m learning to read. I love to do ballet dances on stage and wear my costumes and put on make-up. I like to twirl around my house and play the piano. I’m learning to play the violin and I love my teacher Ms. Lindsay. I go to preschool everyday and I love to see my friends. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and lots of presents. Love, Bella”
Amelia aka Mia aka Stinker aka Rascal aka Sweet Pea: Age- 2.5 years going on 5-
“I love Barbie’s, princesses, string cheese, apple juice and cookies. I think I’m funny and I love to laugh and do things to get people’s attention and make them laugh. I love to dress up in pretty costumes and dresses and sneak into my mommies’ make-up and jewelry box when no one is looking. I’ve learned that shoplifting is a no-no and that I have to buy things before I can eat them. I finally made it onto the standard growth chart at 2% of height and weight. I am 21 pounds because I’m a super picky eater and I run around way too much for any of those calories to stick to me. I love to follow my brother and sister around and I miss them when they are gone at school. Next year, it will be my turn. Merry Christmas and happy candy eating! Love, Amelia” *(Not direct quotes, just a guess of what she would say)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
-John, Melissa, Benjamin, Isabella & Amelia
2 comments:
Hi!
I recently came across your blog and would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick.
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com
I love that! you are so smart! I may have to copy this adorable idea for next year! You are so creative. Hope you having a happy new year!
Post a Comment