Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yeah Pictures!!!

Okay, I don't have too many because we haven't seen much yet due to all the stuff we've been doing on base to get settled. But here are a few pics you can snack on until I am able to get some better pictures.

Here are the two pictures I took in Seattle before my battery died:


It's so humid here, that my camera fogged up when I tried to take a picture, but I didn't get a better one because my camera died again:

I haven't taken hardly any pictures of the base, as there are 3 or 4 of them near us and they are huge, but the first day we were here, I took these as we were driving:



The kids and their first Japanese snack:





Here is the hotel where we have been staying the past week:




Here is that cute little one-person car I told you about:


Here is the sweet family, the Castro's, that have been sponsoring us and taking us everywhere this past week. It's such a time commitment to help us out. They have been just super!


While John was busy checking in at his office, the kids and I went to the beach to see the East China Sea:




I thought this was funny...they use their Shinsu lion/dogs as construction barriers or to let you know a street is closed.

After the beach, we enjoyed a Snow cone japanese style. These things were huge, but most welcome after all the heat we've been experiencing.

The coolest thing is that the Air Force Pilots practice their take-off and landing every other day, so you get a great view (although it is noisey) of the fighter jets.


Anyway, it looks like the typhoon has turned a bit, and it sounds like we might just get a couple of really windy days...although I am slightly disappointed as I was looking forward to my first hurricane....weird, I know!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the pictures! The kids look so cute. I sure do miss them! Did the typhoon miss you after all? How was your drive home with the new car? We love your updates.