Friday, August 14, 2009

A quick update...

So the house is slowly getting put together, and I couldn't be happier about where we live. Yes, I do have pictures to share, but I'm using John's laptop and can't figure how to download my pics to it. I believe we will have my PC up and going by tomorrow and then I can add my pictures.

Nothing too exciting has been going on since we have been very busy with organizing the chaos in our house. However, we have ventured out a little around town (and I finally figured out how to properly use my iphone's GPS, so I'm good on not getting lost anymore! YAH!).

I'd rather spare the details until I have a few pictures to go with them, but today we had the Navy 3rd Battalion's Family Fun Day at the beach, and needless to say, it was beautiful and we are all sun burned from too much sun....and I promise we did put on sun screen, but didn't reapply after swimming in the Ocean....oops! The coolest thing about the beaches here is that they are COVERED in coral. They have to import SAND to some beaches because there is so much coral. So neat though!

The kids are having a great time, and they love to watch the Japanese kids channels. Bella is now walking around half the time, talking gibberish and saying she is speaking Japanese or spanish. I will ask her what she is talking about and she will say, "hoy to ya ma tee too juice ..that's how I say "I want Juice" in Japanese!" lol!

BTW, we haven't been affected by any typhoons or felt any earth quakes...I get those questions alot...I can't believe the headlines that are coming from my part of the world right now, but we haven't experienced anything like that. My thoughts and prayers to those who have been affected.

Well, as soon as I get my computer up and going, I will write more about the things we have done and seen since we've been here. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Eric and Angela said...

I am glad you are finally getting settled after not having a home for the past few months. I love your little clock on your side bar. I am amazed that you are already into Monday when I am just starting my Sunday. Thanks for all the updates. I love reading about your adventures in Japan. I can't imagine what it would be like. Love you and Miss you!

Kimberly said...

I am going to chekc your blog eveyr time i need to call you just to make sure I am not calling in the middle of the night. LOL

Actually someone was trying to call in the middle of the night last night and it made me so mad. I am sure they were prankers because they dialed our number 6-7 times and I just finally unplugged our phone.

Good times-- I'll try not to do that to you.