Friday, December 12, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE PETRINI'S


I hope you will excuse my laziness for not sending you all a personalize-stuff-Christmas Letter-in-the-mail this year. I have several reasons for that:

1. I didn't think about it far enough a head of time to get my kids photos done in October like I usually do.
2. Then I thought I would take my own pics of the kids to save money and time, but then November passed.
3. Then Bella decided to cut her own hair....twice. There goes trying to get those pictures done now.
4. I can't seem to find the time to sit in front of my computer for hours trying to write the letter, print it off, find and print 150 envelopes and addresses.
5. Can't blame the cost of gas anymore for not doing it, um...will you accept my excuse for the rising cost of stamps? 42 cent stamps can really kill your wallet.

So, now with all my pathetic excuses aside, I will try to salvage what dignity I have left and write an awesome Christmas letter that will still inspire you and leave you all warm and fuzzy for another year.

It has been another exciting year, as we have watched our kids grow and learn, and of course, we added to the family with our newest member, Amelia, joining the family. We are still in Maryland while John has only 6 months left of his Prosthodontic Residency at the National Naval Medical Center (WhoooHooo!). This guy has been working so hard for the past 5-6 years and I could not be more proud of him of all his hard work, looooong hours, his dedication to his profession, patients and his military service, and for all the amazing support (emotional, temporal and spiritual) that he has been to me. We are still in limbo as to where the Navy will be sending us in the summer. For now, we believe we are moving to San Diego for three years, but that could change until we officially get our orders, which we hope will be soon!

As for me, I've had my fair-share of trails and immense blessings this year. I was pregnant for the first half of the year, which made it difficult to manage two very active, but adorable, kids. Then we were blessed with Amelia (who is just a dream baby) and then for the last half of the year, I've spent juggling three kids, preschool, swim lessons, playgroups, terrible twos, feisty-fives, community groups, and I was released as Young Women's President and called as our Activities Chairman (both very busy callings). I also have spent many hours keeping a family blog, reading books, cleaning my house (several times a day it seems), stealing naps where ever I possibly can, changing diapers and of course, just enjoying time with my kids and playing with them and their toys. It is a lot more fun than I probably make it all sound. :) But all in all, I feel very blessed to stay home with my kids and learn new things through their eyes.

Benjamin:

My dear Ben! What can I say about this little guy. He is so full of energy and is so eager to learn new things. His loves are trains, spaceships, cars and little sisters who don't touch his things. He has the most amazing memory, is learning to read and write, likes to mimic people and voices (he tries to do accents and it is so funny), he loves to play with his friends, dress up in his astronaut costume, watch the Polar Express as least once a day (it seems that way lately) and is also the most thoughtful and sweet boy who loves to gives hugs and kisses unconditionally. I can tell he is going to be something great someday!

Isabella:

My "cutie, cutie" Bella! This little princess is all girl, from head to toe. She loves to dress up in princess costumes, play house, take care of her dolls, get into mommy's make-up, sing, dance, play with her brothers toys while he is at preschool, make Amelia laugh, play hide and seek with Ben, or whenever she knows she is doing or touching something she shouldn't, and giving the best hugs and kisses that melt your heart!

Amelia Jane:

Oh, how I love babies! This little person is so full of smiles and giggles. She is a content and happy baby who makes having three kids so much easier on me. She loves to be snuggled, hugged, kissed and oodled over. I have to keep a close eye on her as I have had several people threaten to steal her away and take her home with them. How blessed I feel to have her part of our family!

We hope this year has brought you many blessings and happiness as well. I love this time of year when I can stop from my busy life and be reminded of the greatest gifts we have been given. We all truly have a reason to be grateful and to have our hearts full of thanksgiving and praise for the birth of our Savior. Let us not forget the real reason for this season.

A very Merry Christmas to all our friends and family where ever you may be.

Love, The Petrini Family

No comments: