Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4 weeks to 15 lbs lighter....

So, my good friend Melissa (I have like 6 great friends here named Melissa, so we all numbered each other...I'm Melissa #3 just so you know), anyway, a group of us and our families have a fabulous trip planned in exactly 4 weeks and we both want to shed some serious muffin-tuffin-top bellies...and maybe some other places that could use some improvement after having 3 kids.

So she challenged me with a diet plan that we will both follow that is pretty simple. Here is the challenge:
-Weight ourselves every thursday morning
-Email each other of our progress and admit any set-backs to help encourage each other twice a week
-Keep a daily food jounral and track all calories and intake
-Exercise at least 45-60 min everyday except Sunday
-Drink at least 80ozs of Water
-Lose 15 lbs. at the end of the 4 weeks

I think I am motivated when I have a public audience...why? who knows, but there was a study done somewhere, by some guy, who said something to the effect that people are more motivated when things are made public. This "guy" (maybe it was a girl, I can't remember)got a group of people together and took pictures of them in bikini's and told them they had 60 days to lose 15 lbs or their pictures would be shown on national television. If they lost the weight, their picture would not be shown (these people signed up for this BTW, they were not black-mailed into it, just so you know), anyway, all these people who claimed it was too hard to loose the weight in the past, found themselves super motivate with the idea that their hideous over-weight bodies would be shown to the world if they didn't find a way. And they all did lose the weight in the end.

SO America! (and some random people in Spain, Germany and Japan, or where ever you randomly read my blog from whom I don't know), I will be having my husband take a before picture of me, and if I can't lose the weight, which I will check in every thursday on the blog with my updates, then I will post that picture on the blog....not really cause I control my blog and I am not that crazy to do that to myself...but maybe I will post something else that's embarrassing if I don't....but most likely not even then. :)

Either way, I commence this challenge as of tomorrow morning (which means I better finish eating up that box of cookies before I am not allowed to tomorrow) and in 30 days, I hope to be doing some kind of victory dance. Maybe I will post that at least. :)

Happy Sugar-detoxin' y'all!

No comments: