NEWSFLASH: Really Bad Timing....
So a few months back, I decided to write an article about the boot camp I attended and spotlight my trainer, to help give his business a boost. I wrote the article in January as a reminder to readers to not give up on those New Year resolutions. I turned it into my editor, and I haven't heard anything more about the article and when or if they planned to publish it. I know they usually keep a reserve of stories to use when they want, but after 8 or so weeks, I forgot about it and have been busy doing other things.
So, right after I told my fitness instructor that I was taking a break, it seems the next week, his studio lease with a Japanese landlord decided they were not going to renew his lease for some reason unknown to me, and so he emailed all of us to let us know his situation and that he might be looking for a new location on the island to keep his business going. Well, it's been almost 3 weeks and rumor has it that the landlord is not allowing him into the studio to retrieve his equipment and now he is seeking legal help.
The smart thing to do at this point should have been for me to contact Oki Stripes and inform them to hold on to the story (if they ever planned to run it someday) until further notice. Well, the thought never occurred to me until this afternoon when I opened this weeks paper to find my story about his studio front page again! (You can see it HERE)
The guy is not picking up his phone and I sent him a huge email apologizing if this creates a problem for him as he is not able to run his business, and I just put in a huge advertisement for him for people to contact him. I just hope he understands.
So, that is NEWSFLASH for the day.
John and I are going to Tokyo this coming week with no kids. (YAH!!!!) I couldn't be more excited as it has been at least 3 years since we have had any kind of vacation together childless...(A huge thank you to my friends who have stepped up to help watch the munchkins while we are gone) So, when we get back, I will have a lot more to blog about, but for now, we are busy with work, school, dance classes, soccer practices, paddle training....
No comments:
Post a Comment