Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy 300th Post!

Wow, 300 posts....I don't think I have ever done 300 of anything...ok well, maybe that's not true, I have done 300 crunches in my boot camp class....that may sound like a lot, but we actually got up to 1,100 crunches one day because someone walked in late when we were at 500 and our instructor told us to start over and we got up to 600 the second round, I almost cried that day.....okay, but besides that, 300 is awesome!

As for an update on my boot camp thing, I have been doing it for 19 weeks now and have lost about 10-15 lbs so far (I still go up and down 2 or 3 pounds right now) and I've lost about 17% body fat and I typically work out twice a day right now to achieve my goals. I still have another 10-15 to go, and maybe another 5-7% body fat to go, and now a 1/2 marathon to train for in 11 weeks.

I think I would be progressing much better and faster if I could just get back on the diet wagon like I did in the beginning of this process. I was eating clean and sugar-free for along time, but the holidays came and it was game over. I totally have returned to bad eating habits, which is frustrating to all the work I am doing everyday, but it's hard to sugar-detox...it takes a lot of will-power that I lack during Girl Scout Cookie season!

But, I am still determined to reach my goal, and hopefully get there before I start having more babies again.

John is also going to do the 1/2 marathon with me, and since we have moved here, his new (and expensive) passion is road biking. We have been so fortunate to make such great friends out here that are so active. All the husband go on 50 miler bike rides and play foot ball together, and all us women love to run and work out. This place has really been such a good thing for us and our family.

Okay,so I have a bazillion pictures to upload, and my kids just woke up, so it's not going to happen with this post, but I will post this one picture of Bella in her dance clothes all ready for the Ballet Classes I started teaching.....the other reason I don't blog as much.


I have 6 dance classes I started teaching of ages 3-6 years old with about 33 students. It's been so great so far and these little girls just make my life so much more fun because we get to be silly and dance around like ballerinas. Anyway, when boot camp, marathon training and classes die down, and I decided to relax, I promise to blog more and get my January pictures up soon! Although now I'm eyeing taking Japanese language and calligraphy classes, and maybe scuba diving classes...okay, but after that....lol!

5 comments:

Lessa said...

Way to go, Melissa! 1100 crunches... I would die! And you're right, sugar detoxing is HARD. And you're right again, road biking is an EXPENSIVE hobby :) That's mostly why it's a one person hobby in this house. We can't afford for it to be a two person hobby :)

The Duckworth Family said...

Don't forget to save some time for breathing! I am notorious for planning way too much and now maybe 6 years too late I'm realizing as much as I WANT to do it all...even MORE I want my children to remember that they were #1 in my life! NOt saying you neglect your kids! I just know coming from another busy mom it's so easy to do. Love ya girl!

The Lord Family said...

Melissa!
It was good to hear from you. I am going to try and be a better blogger. Things in Utah are great. We are busy, having 3 kids is very time consuming (as you would know!). Yes when you come to UT to visit, we need to get together. That would be great! As for the braces. It was tough at the beginning, but now it is no biggie. The bonus is they make you look younger (not like you need any help there :)! I love that you are taking boot camp training. Do some crunches for me!
Sarah

Michelle said...

You are one busy lady! Boot camp would kill me!
I figured the Japan looks were from you! It is fun to watch your little ones grow up!

Sharon said...

Where's 301?